1. What did Veith&Griffit find?
- Ppts in a waiting room who heard good news rated a stranger sat with them as more attractive
- Ppts in a waiting room who heard good news didn't think that a stranger sat with them was attractive
- Hearing good news makes you feel more attractive
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which cross cultural study found that we are attracted due to similarities?
3. When will relationships succeed?
- When one partner loves the other person more.
- When a positive out weighs a negative.
- When there is equality.
4. What is an evaluation of the cross cultural study?
- Speakman found that we choose partners with similar body fat.
- Lacks mundane realism (Rosenbaum)
- There is gender bias in the research (Clarke and Miller)
5. What is a strength of the Griffith&Guay study?
- Supports Freuds theory.
- It gives physiological evidence because there is elevated levels of activity in the reward section of the brain.
- Based on post hoc evidence