1. What did Veith&Griffit find?
- Ppts in a waiting room who heard good news rated a stranger sat with them as more attractive
- Ppts in a waiting room who heard good news didn't think that a stranger sat with them was attractive
- Hearing good news makes you feel more attractive
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a weakness of Veith&Griffit's study?
- It lacks validity as only degree of liking was measured
- Participants were stressed when rating a stranger as attractive
- The task was confusing
3. Why are similarities important?
- You'll be more confident and happy
- Less likely to be rejected and sharing similarities is important
- Less likely to be alone and unhappy
4. What was the Griffith&Guay study?
- The evaluator decided how much they liked the participants on looks.
- Participants were evaluated on a task by an experimenter and then asked how much they liked the experimenter.
- The participants decided how much they liked the evaluator
5. What did Byrne and Clore study?
- Seeking attention.
- Seeking motivation rewarding stimuli to reflect unmet needs.
- Seeking partners that are similar.