1. What was the total number of rebels in the Revolt of the Northern Earls?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Elizabeth call Essex's behaviour in Ireland?
- evidence of power hunger
- perilous and contemptible
3. What did John Guy say about the 1549 rebellions?
- the rebellions were a result of disappointment in the government
- "the closest thing Tudor England saw to class warfare"
- the government was not under immediate threat during the rebellions
- the rebellions stemmed from grievance that had existed before Edward VI's reign
4. After 6 months in Ireland, what had Essex lost?
- £300,000 and 12,000 men
- £650,000 and the respect of Elizabeth
- £400,000 and his entire army
5. How many executions does MacCulloch estimate for the Kett Rebellion?