1. Who describes the Irish Rebellion as the "worst military defeat of Elizabeth's reign"?
- Professor Collinson
- Christopher Haigh
- David Starkey
- John Guy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the death rate in the mid-1590s, according to Paul Slack?
3. How many people had a claim to the throne at the end of Elizabeth I's reign?
4. How much did the war against Ireland cost England?
- £5 million
- £2 million
5. What did the rebels of the Western Rebellion demand?
- the restoration of the Henrican Six articles and Mass in Latin
- the restoration of Catholicism and Mass in Latin
- Replacing the Book of Common Prayer with a Latin version