1. What was the death rate in the mid-1590s, according to Paul Slack?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What priviledge did Elizabeth I deny the Earl of Essex?
- To renew his sweet wine patent
- To serve in Ireland
- To pay off his debt
- To attend the Privy Council
3. How much did the war against Ireland cost England?
- £2 million
- £5 million
4. What did Stoyle say about the 1549 rebellions?
- the rebellions stemmed from grievance that had existed before Edward VI's reign
- the rebellions were a result of disappointment in the government
- "the closest thing Tudor England saw to class warfare"
- the government was not under immediate threat during the rebellions
5. How many rebels were executed following the Revolt of the Northern Earls?