1. What caused the Earl of Essex to be suspended from the Privy Council and placed under house arrest?
- Returning to court without permission in 1599
- Failing the war in Ireland
- Negotiating with James VI on the subject of succession
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many soldiers died in total during the war with Ireland?
3. Who states that Elizabeth dealt with the Northern rebellion "decisively"?
- David Starkey
- John Guy
- Christopher Haigh
- Wallace MacCaffrey
4. How much did the war against Ireland cost England?
- £2 million
- £5 million
5. What was the total number of rebels in the Revolt of the Northern Earls?