1. What did the 1598 Act for the Relief of the Poor do?
- It discriminated between the 'deserving poor' and the 'undeserving poor'
- It gave poor relief generously
- It did not discriminate between the 'deserving poor' and the 'undeserving poor'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many associates were executed along with the Earl of Essex?
3. What does Penry Williams say about the Essex Rebellion?
- His supporters "exaggerated Essex's popular support"
- The Rebellion failed
- Essex was power-hungry and a "monster"
4. Who believes the Kett Rebellion was motivated by a hatred of local government officials and landowners?
- Susan Doran
- David Starkey
- Diarmaid MacCulloch
- David Loades
5. How many rebels participated in the Wyatt rebellion?