- Created by: Hannamw
- Created on: 29-05-18 11:02
1. Making Tollens reagent: what is there to observe after first 2 solutions have been added?
- White ppt
- Brown ppt
- Red ppt
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can you convert aldehydes and ketones back to alcohols?
- Reduce them with sodium tetrahydridaborate(III) dissolved in water and methanol
- Reduce them with lithium aluminium hydride dissovlved in aqueous sodium hydroxide solution
- Oxidise them with acidified potassium dichromate
- Oxidise them with lithium aluminium hydride, dissolve in aqueous sodium hydroxide solution
3. What do anti bumping granules do?
- Remove impurities from reaction mixture
- Prevent temperature from getting too high
- Prevent formation of large bubbles
- Prevent build up of pressure
4. Conditions for reaction of carboxylic acid with alcohol to form ester and water?
- Ethanolic, conc sulfuric acid
- Strong acid catalyst, heat
- Ethanolic sodium hydroxide, heat
- Dilute hydrochloric acid, heat
5. Dehydration of alcohols is an example of?
- Nucleophilic substitution
- Elimination reaction
- Electrophilic addition
- Nucleophilic elimination