1. which study were participants paid in?
- Pennington and Hastie
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. when were more gulity vedicts give in cutler?
- good WIC- descriptive form of testimony
- good WIC- quanative
- bad WIC- descriptive form of testimony
3. What was the aim in Pennington and Hastie?
- to investigate if hearing psychological research which casts doubt on the accuracy of eyewitness testimony affects jurors decision by making them more sceptical about the testimony
- To find out if story evidence summaries are true causes of final verdict decisions and the extent to which story order affects confidence in those decisions
- effect on prior convictions, how much cred of witness affects ability to ignore inadmissible evidence, to look at role of judges instructions when followed by a legal explanation
4. What was the four DV's in Pickel?
- 1) estimate of probale guilt,2) rating 10 point likert scale of how much prior conviction made guilty verdict 3) rating of cred of each witness 4) the verdict
- 1) verdict 2) attractiveness 3) cred 4) prior convictions
5. memory can not be blamed for lack of judgement in cutler
- true 85% recalled testimony
- false 10% recalled testimony