1. What did Penrod and Cutler find?
- 100% confidence - 67% guilty verdicts. 80% confidence - 60% guilty verdicts.
- Attractive defendant - 56% guilty verdicts. Attractive victim - 77% guilty verdicts.
- Child testified in front of the defendant - 51% guilty verdicts. Child testidfied behind a shield - 46% guilty verdicts. Child testified via video - 49% guilty verdicts.
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who researched the stages of decision making?
3. What did Hastie find?
- 75% conformed once, 5% conformed everytime, 25% didn't conform at all.
- Three stages of decision making: 1) Orientation 2) Open Conflict 3) Reconciliation
- In the consist group, 8.4% conformed and in the inconsistent group, 1.25% conformed. In the control 0.25% conformed.
4. What did Pickel find?
- Higher percentage of guilty verdits were given when the WIC was good, descriptive EWT and 100% confidence of the witness was given.
- No evidence introduced - 42% guilty verdicts, legal explanation given - 55% guilty verdicts and no legal explanation given - 43% guilty verdicts.
- Story order gained 69% guilty verdicts. Witness order gained 47% guilty verdicts.
5. Who researched persuasion?
- Pennington and Hastie