1. How does temperature affect the rate of reaction?
- It speeds up the movement of the particles.
- It breaks the particles into smaller pieces.
- There are more particles to collide with each other.
- The particles need less energy.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Catalysts work by...
- Adding more reactants.
- Lowering the activation energy/temperature needed for the reaction.
- Breaking the solid reactants down.
- Using themselves to start a reaction.
3. What is concentration?
- The amount of dissolved reactant.
- The amount of activation energy needed.
- The size of the solid reactant.
- The chemical that speeds up the reaction.
4. What does a catalyst do?
- Make the particles move faster.
- Speed up the reaction without being used up itself.
- Increase surface area by breaking the particles into smaller pieces.
- Double the reaction time in the experiment.
5. The collision theory is...
- When molecules collide the bonds between their atoms break and new bonds can form to make new molecules
- When the meteor crashed to earth and killed all the dinosaurs.
- The amount of time it takes for all of the particles in the experiment to collide.
- When the molecules collide and dissolve each other so that only one chemical is left in the experiment.