1. What is conduction of heat?
- The process when vibrating particles pass on extra kinetic energy to neighbouring particles.
- The process when hot particles pass on heat energy to neighbouring particles.
- The process when hot particles pass vibrate, so they become cold but the particle next to them becomes hot, and they destroy their neighbouring particle.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Specific Heat Capacity tell you?
- How much heat stuff can store
- How much energy stuff can store
- How much hot water stuff can store
- How many particles stuff can store
3. In what state does convection occur?
- It solids, liquids and gases.
- It liquids and solids.
- In gases and liquids.
- In solids and gases.
4. When does convection occur?
- It occurs when the more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler one- they take their heat energy with them.
- It occurs when the less energetic particles get hit by the more energetic particles, making the more energetic particles become less energetic like the less energetic ones.
5. What is Specific latent heat?
- The energy needed to change state.
- The amount of energy stuff can store
- The energy needed to change the heat of water