1. What is conduction of heat?
- The process when hot particles pass vibrate, so they become cold but the particle next to them becomes hot, and they destroy their neighbouring particle.
- The process when vibrating particles pass on extra kinetic energy to neighbouring particles.
- The process when hot particles pass on heat energy to neighbouring particles.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Heat is a measure of...
- Boiling energy
- Stored heat
3. In what state does convection occur?
- In gases and liquids.
- It liquids and solids.
- In solids and gases.
- It solids, liquids and gases.
4. Temperature is a measure of...
- stored energy
5. When does convection occur?
- It occurs when the more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler one- they take their heat energy with them.
- It occurs when the less energetic particles get hit by the more energetic particles, making the more energetic particles become less energetic like the less energetic ones.