1. Describe the achromosome of a sperm.
- Made of protein filaments which break through outer egg surface.
- Membranous sac containing enzymes that destroy outer egg surface.
- Replacement for sperms nucleus- single chromosome, coding for DNA.
- Contains mitochondria providing energy for sperm movements.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where are pollen grains produced?
- In the ovules of the ovaries.
- In the anthers of the stamens.
- In the stamens of the anthers.
- In the ovaries of the ovules.
3. What does contrary heart disease do?
- Plaque builds up in the arteries, restricting blood flow.
- Cells divide randomly, forming a tumour.
- Alveoli break down and fuse together, greatly reducing the surface area for gas exchange.
- The cilia are destroyed, meaning mucus isn't swept away.
4. What effect does a mutation have on an enzyme?
- Denatures it, meaning its activation energy greatly increases.
- Changes it's shape, changing the time taken to reach it's activation energy.
- Changes it's active site, meaning the substrate no longer fits.
- Causes cancer.
5. What does the placenta do?
- Grows the umbilical chord, providing the embryo with nutrients.
- Connects the embryo's heart with the mothers, keeping beating regular.
- Takes nutrients and O2 in, and takes waste and CO2 out.
- Takes waste and CO2 in, and takes nutrients and O2 out.