1. Which of these is NOT a use of genetically modified bacteria?
- Enzymes for alcoholic drinks
- Human growth hormone
- Making insulin
- Enzymes for food industry
- Enzymes for washing powders
- Bovine somatotropin
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a quality produced by selective breeding?
- Immunity to certain diseases
- Resistance to pest damage
- Better balance of nutrients
- Resistance to certain diseases
3. Where are ova produced?
- In the anthers of the stamens.
- In the ovules of the ovaries.
- In the ovaries of the ovules.
- In the stamens of the anthers.
4. What does contrary heart disease do?
- Plaque builds up in the arteries, restricting blood flow.
- Cells divide randomly, forming a tumour.
- Alveoli break down and fuse together, greatly reducing the surface area for gas exchange.
- The cilia are destroyed, meaning mucus isn't swept away.
5. What does the optic nerve do?
- Connects the eye to the brain.
- Controls the human effector causing us to blink.
- Gives the clearest image.
- Traduces light energy into electrical energy using rods and cones.