1. Describe the achromosome of a sperm.
- Membranous sac containing enzymes that destroy outer egg surface.
- Replacement for sperms nucleus- single chromosome, coding for DNA.
- Made of protein filaments which break through outer egg surface.
- Contains mitochondria providing energy for sperm movements.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a use of genetically modified bacteria?
- Enzymes for food industry
- Enzymes for alcoholic drinks
- Enzymes for washing powders
- Making insulin
- Human growth hormone
- Bovine somatotropin
3. What is the function of the cornea?
- Refracts to make the light fall directly onto the fovea.
- Traduces light energy into electrical energy using rods and cones.
- Transparent, lets light through, slightly refracts light.
- Controls the amount of light entering the eye.
4. What effect does a mutation have on an enzyme?
- Causes cancer.
- Changes it's shape, changing the time taken to reach it's activation energy.
- Denatures it, meaning its activation energy greatly increases.
- Changes it's active site, meaning the substrate no longer fits.
5. What are the greenhouse gases?
- CO2, sulphur dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, CFCs
- CO2, water vapour, nitrous oxide, methane, CFCs
- CO (carbon monoxide), sulphur dioxide, nitrous oxide, ethane, CFCs
- CO2, water vapour, sulphur dioxide, methane