1. The sitar introduces the notes and mood of the rag. The melodic line is decorated with slides and pitch bends called:
- decorative bends
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Rag Desh is associated with the late evening and _________ season.
3. The Sitar is a stringed instrument with a very long neck. It has 7 main strings which are used to play the melody. There are also 12 _______ strings. These aren't plucked but resonate to create a shimmering sound.
4. This version only has two sections. The Alap and the:
5. The instruments used in Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh are quite different to the original. They use a ________: a bamboo flute with holes instead of keys.