1. Rag Desh is almost like a C major scale. On the way back down some different pitches are used and one note is changed. Which note is changed and to what?
- F - F#
- D - Db
- B - Bb
- A - Ab
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The two tals used in Rag Desh are the Jhaptal and the Tintal. The Jhaptal is a 10 beat cycle and the Tintal is a ___ beat cycle.
3. The structure of Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh is Alap, ____ 1 and ____ 2
4. 'Mhara janam maran' is performed by Chiranji Lal Tanwar. He is accompanied by the sarod, the sarangi, the pakhawaj, the tabla and a small pair of cymbals. This piece uses an ___ beat cycle called the keherwa tal.
5. Performances of a rag are usually in 3 parts, progressing from slow to fast tempo. These sections are (in this order):
- Alap, Gat, Jhalla.
- Section 1, Section 2, Section 3.
- Jhalla, Alap, Gat.
- Jhalla, Gat, Alap.