1. Rag Desh is almost like a C major scale. On the way back down some different pitches are used and one note is changed. Which note is changed and to what?
- F - F#
- D - Db
- B - Bb
- A - Ab
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Towards the end of the gat, the tempo:
3. The Sitar is a stringed instrument with a very long neck. It has 7 main strings which are used to play the melody. There are also 12 _______ strings. These aren't plucked but resonate to create a shimmering sound.
4. 'Mhara janam maran' is performed by Chiranji Lal Tanwar. He is accompanied by the sarod, the sarangi, the pakhawaj, the tabla and a small pair of cymbals. This piece uses an ___ beat cycle called the keherwa tal.
5. Rag Desh is associated with the late evening and _________ season.