1. The sitar's improvisations in the Gat are based on the fixed composition (gat). The tabla's improvisations are based on the tal. The improvisations end with a tihai (a short melody or rhythm played ___ times and ending on the first note [sam]).
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Anoushka Shankar performs Rag Desh. She plays the:
3. The structure of Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh is Alap, ____ 1 and ____ 2
4. The Gat is a fixed composition that is improvised on by the solo instrument. The percussion also enters and the pulse is clear and fixed. What is the solo instrument in Rag Desh?
5. The Jhalla is the final section, much faster than the previous two. The music becomes more virtuosic and _________.