1. The first beat in a tal is called the sam. It is often _______ by the musicians.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The instruments used in Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh are quite different to the original. They use a ________: a bamboo flute with holes instead of keys.
3. The Jhalla is the final section, much faster than the previous two. The music becomes more virtuosic and _________.
4. The Sitar is a stringed instrument with a very long neck. It has 7 main strings which are used to play the melody. There are also 12 _______ strings. These aren't plucked but resonate to create a shimmering sound.
5. The strings of the sitar are _______ in the jhalla to create "rhythmic excitement".