1. The Jhalla is the final section, much faster than the previous two. The music becomes more virtuosic and _________.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Rag Desh is an example of Indian Classical Music (from North India). It's an improvised form of music. It's also based on 3 layers: which of these is not a layer?
- Ostinato underneath the melody
- Melodic line played on a solo instrument
- Rhythmic pattern played on the drums
- Drone played on a stringed instrument
3. The Gat is a fixed composition that is improvised on by the solo instrument. The percussion also enters and the pulse is clear and fixed. What is the solo instrument in Rag Desh?
4. The sitar's improvisations in the Gat are based on the fixed composition (gat). The tabla's improvisations are based on the tal. The improvisations end with a tihai (a short melody or rhythm played ___ times and ending on the first note [sam]).
5. The last version of Rag Desh is performed by Steve Gorn and Benjy Wertheimer. They are _________ musicians.