1. There are two tals in Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh. These are the Rupak tal (7 beat cycle) and the Ektal (__ beat cycle).
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The structure of Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh is Alap, ____ 1 and ____ 2
3. The sitar's improvisations in the Gat are based on the fixed composition (gat). The tabla's improvisations are based on the tal. The improvisations end with a tihai (a short melody or rhythm played ___ times and ending on the first note [sam]).
4. The Alap is the slow introductory section. The notes and mood of the rag are introduced against a drone. There is no regular ______ and no percussion.
5. The Tabla are used to play the Gat. The right one is smaller, higher pitched and wooden, and the left one is larger, lower pitched and metal. The left is called the ______ and the right is called the ______.
- Left = Bayan Right = Dayan
- Left = Dayan Right = Bayan
- Left = Bayon Right = Dayon
- Left = Dayon Right = Bayon