1. This version only has two sections. The Alap and the:
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The first beat in a tal is called the sam. It is often _______ by the musicians.
3. Rag Desh is associated with the late evening and _________ season.
4. The instruments used in Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh are quite different to the original. They use a ________: a bamboo flute with holes instead of keys.
5. 'Mhara janam maran' is performed by Chiranji Lal Tanwar. He is accompanied by the sarod, the sarangi, the pakhawaj, the tabla and a small pair of cymbals. This piece uses an ___ beat cycle called the keherwa tal.