1. What is an 'Isotope?'
- A form of an element which has different neutrons to the most commonly found form.
- Radioactive decay
- Ionising radiation that emits gamma radiation
- Different form of radioactive elements
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is alpha radiation?
- Large, highly ionising and can't pass through the skin
- Small, low ionising and can't pass through the skin
- Large, low ionising and can't pass through the skin
- Small, highly ionising and can pass through the skin
- Makes heavier nuclei
- Causes an atom to split
- Combines nuclei
- Adds more protons
4. What is the half-life of a radioisotope?
- The amount of half the radiation to decay.
- The time taken for the atoms to decay
- The time taken for half of all the atoms to decay
- Half of the time taken for the atoms to decay.
5. What force attracts the protons and neutrons?
- Strong Nuclear Force
- Nuclear bonds
- Nuclear Force
- Electrostatic Force