1. What triggers smoke alarms?
- The alpha reacts with Carbon
- Alpha turns into Carbon
- Carbon particles turn the alpha source into a He atom
- The Carbon particles fuse with Helium
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens when a radioactive nucleus emits alpha or beta?
- It changes the amount of radioactivity in the atom
- The number of protons and neutrons changes
- It makes and new element
- The number of electrons changes
3. Where is the mass of an atom mainly concentrated?
- The Nucleus
4. What is the main isotope in food?
5. What is the method called for treating cancer with radiation?
- PET scan