1. Which influential leader states that racism has historically been a banner to justify the enterprises of expansion, conquest, colonisation and domination and has walked hand in hand with intolerance injustice and violence?
- Barack Obama
- George Bush
- Rigoberta Mechu Tum the Guatamalan Indigeneous Leader
- Martin Luther King
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which poet created the poem ‘whitey on the moon’?
- William Shakespeare
- Gill Scott-Heron
- Rudyard Kipling
- Lord Byron
3. The stolen generation refers to?
- The taking over of indigenous areas resulting in deaths and reduction of population
- Mixed race aboriginal children forcibly taken from biological parents and given to white adoptive families in Australia and examples in other countries
- Children murdered due to Homicide
- The impact of war on the young generation
4. Who states that ‘racism is a multidimensional complex system of power and powerlessness’?
- Burke and Harrison
- Calvert and Calvert
- Clements and Spinks
5. Calvert and Calvert identify that?
- Ethnic group is a word less commonly used because some find it offensive
- Racism happens on a secular basis
- Ethnic group is now a word more commonly used referring to a social group held together by kinship and culture/religion
- Using racial terms can be insensitive