1. Calvert and Calvert identify that?
- Racism happens on a secular basis
- Using racial terms can be insensitive
- Ethnic group is now a word more commonly used referring to a social group held together by kinship and culture/religion
- Ethnic group is a word less commonly used because some find it offensive
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Article 1 of the United Nations declaration of Human rights identifies which of the following?
- ‘Discrimination should not take place in a just and equal society.’
- ‘No human being should be subject to discrimination based on race.’
- ‘All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.’
- ‘The rights of all individuals should be equal’
3. Who states that ‘racism is a multidimensional complex system of power and powerlessness’?
- Burke and Harrison
- Clements and Spinks
- Calvert and Calvert
4. Who states the following definition of an indigenous person ‘of those who inhabited a country or geographical region at the time when people of different cultures or ethnic origins arrived. The new arrivals later became dominant…’
- The Equality Act 2010
- United Nations
- United Nations conventions on the rights of the child
5. The stolen generation refers to?
- The taking over of indigenous areas resulting in deaths and reduction of population
- The impact of war on the young generation
- Mixed race aboriginal children forcibly taken from biological parents and given to white adoptive families in Australia and examples in other countries
- Children murdered due to Homicide