1. Calvert and Calvert identify that?
- Ethnic group is now a word more commonly used referring to a social group held together by kinship and culture/religion
- Racism happens on a secular basis
- Using racial terms can be insensitive
- Ethnic group is a word less commonly used because some find it offensive
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who states the following definition of an indigenous person ‘of those who inhabited a country or geographical region at the time when people of different cultures or ethnic origins arrived. The new arrivals later became dominant…’
- The Equality Act 2010
- United Nations
- United Nations conventions on the rights of the child
3. When was the Abolition of the Slave trade act?
- 8th of April 1800
- 25th of March 1807
- 1st of December 1805
- 14th of August 1800
4. The Greensboro four involving Ezell Blair, David Richmond, Franklin McCain and Joseph Mcneil took place where and when?
- FW Woolworths store in Greensboro on the 1st of February 1960
- Café Chicago 8th June 1963
- Selfridges store Chicago on the 2nd of July 1965
- Weatherspoon’s Greensboro on 9th of January 1961
5. The stolen generation refers to?
- The impact of war on the young generation
- Children murdered due to Homicide
- Mixed race aboriginal children forcibly taken from biological parents and given to white adoptive families in Australia and examples in other countries
- The taking over of indigenous areas resulting in deaths and reduction of population