1. What is cracking?
- Burning fuel to make energy
- Making small hydrocarbons into bigger hydrocarbons
- Breaking large hydrocarbons into smaller, more useful hydrocarbons as well as an alkene, which is used for polmerisation
- Crude oil is separated into different fractions, with a similar number of carbon atoms
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Fractional distillation is a...
- good way to separate things
- physical change
- thermal decomposition reaction
- chemical reaction
3. During fractional distillation...
- crude oil stays as crude oil
- hydrocarbons are chemically separated into smaller hydrocarbons
- substances with high boiling points condense at the bottom and substances with lower boiling points condense at the top
- substances with low boiling points condense at the bottom and substances with high boiling points condense at the top
4. What is crude oil and natural gas made from?
- The dead remains of marine organisms
- The dead remains of humans
- The dead remains of land organisms
- The old remains of chemicals
5. Why does distillation work?
- Because the liquids have different boiling points
- Because it has the right conditions
- Because the liquids are mixed up
- Because the liquids are made of one pure substance