1. What is cracking?
- Crude oil is separated into different fractions, with a similar number of carbon atoms
- Breaking large hydrocarbons into smaller, more useful hydrocarbons as well as an alkene, which is used for polmerisation
- Making small hydrocarbons into bigger hydrocarbons
- Burning fuel to make energy
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Fractional distillation is a...
- physical change
- good way to separate things
- chemical reaction
- thermal decomposition reaction
3. Why does distillation work?
- Because it has the right conditions
- Because the liquids have different boiling points
- Because the liquids are made of one pure substance
- Because the liquids are mixed up
4. What is crude oil and natural gas made from?
- The dead remains of marine organisms
- The dead remains of humans
- The dead remains of land organisms
- The old remains of chemicals
5. Small hydrocarbons...
- are always solid
- have a high boiling point
- have a low boiling point and are gaseous
- are often liquid