1. Fractional distillation is a...
- physical change
- chemical reaction
- thermal decomposition reaction
- good way to separate things
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. During fractional distillation...
- hydrocarbons are chemically separated into smaller hydrocarbons
- substances with high boiling points condense at the bottom and substances with lower boiling points condense at the top
- crude oil stays as crude oil
- substances with low boiling points condense at the bottom and substances with high boiling points condense at the top
3. What is crude oil and natural gas made from?
- The old remains of chemicals
- The dead remains of marine organisms
- The dead remains of land organisms
- The dead remains of humans
4. What is cracking?
- Crude oil is separated into different fractions, with a similar number of carbon atoms
- Breaking large hydrocarbons into smaller, more useful hydrocarbons as well as an alkene, which is used for polmerisation
- Making small hydrocarbons into bigger hydrocarbons
- Burning fuel to make energy
5. Small hydrocarbons...
- have a low boiling point and are gaseous
- have a high boiling point
- are often liquid
- are always solid