1. Fractional distillation is a...
- good way to separate things
- chemical reaction
- physical change
- thermal decomposition reaction
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is crude oil and natural gas made from?
- The dead remains of land organisms
- The old remains of chemicals
- The dead remains of marine organisms
- The dead remains of humans
3. Why does distillation work?
- Because it has the right conditions
- Because the liquids are mixed up
- Because the liquids have different boiling points
- Because the liquids are made of one pure substance
4. Why do large hydrocarbons have high boiling points?
- They have longer hydrocarbon chains so more energy is needed to break the chains
- As there are more weak intermolecular forces between the hydrocarbon molecules that are needed to be broken, more thermal energy is needed to break these forces thus giving it a high boiling point
- As there are less weak intermolecular forces to break, we can just us a lot of thermal energy to break them
- They just do
5. Small hydrocarbons...
- are always solid
- have a low boiling point and are gaseous
- are often liquid
- have a high boiling point