1. what is the function of steam?
- high baking temperatures which allow the liquid to quickly reach boiling point.
- low amounts of liquid in the mixture for example - milk in yorkshire pudding.
- the liquid reaches boiling point and steam isnt released.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the function of carbon dioxide?
- one of the other ways is using a biological raising agent- from the fermentation of yeast.
- carbon dioxide is incorporated into mixtures in two ways.
- one of the ways is chemical raising agents - bicarbonate of soda
3. what is the function of chemical raising agents?
- powders that require liquid and heat to produce the carbon dioxide gas.
- they must be non accuratley measured and used in large quanties.
- they have strong characterisitics that can not affect the flavour.
4. the function of baking powder?
- baking powder is made from a combination of alkaline and acid substances.
- baking powder is made from a non combination of alkaline and non acid substances.
- baking powder is not made from a combination of alkaline and acid.
5. what is air?
- air is a mixture of gases.Air is incorparated into mixtures using mechanical methods.
- air is 2 types of gases and can not be incorporated into mixtures.
- air is a mixture of gases . air is incorporated into mixtures using non mechianical methods.
Similar Design & Technology: Food Technology resources: