1. the function of baking powder?
- baking powder is not made from a combination of alkaline and acid.
- baking powder is made from a combination of alkaline and acid substances.
- baking powder is made from a non combination of alkaline and non acid substances.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the function of chemical raising agents?
- they have strong characterisitics that can not affect the flavour.
- powders that require liquid and heat to produce the carbon dioxide gas.
- they must be non accuratley measured and used in large quanties.
3. how does a raising agent work?
- when heated the bubbles form a rough struct containing a network of big holes.
- the action of moisture triggers a reaction with the raising agent to produce a gas.
- gas doesnt expand when heated.
4. what is air?
- air is a mixture of gases.Air is incorparated into mixtures using mechanical methods.
- air is 2 types of gases and can not be incorporated into mixtures.
- air is a mixture of gases . air is incorporated into mixtures using non mechianical methods.
5. what is the function of steam?
- the liquid reaches boiling point and steam isnt released.
- high baking temperatures which allow the liquid to quickly reach boiling point.
- low amounts of liquid in the mixture for example - milk in yorkshire pudding.
Similar Design & Technology: Food Technology resources: