1. what is the function of steam?
- the liquid reaches boiling point and steam isnt released.
- high baking temperatures which allow the liquid to quickly reach boiling point.
- low amounts of liquid in the mixture for example - milk in yorkshire pudding.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. the function of baking powder?
- baking powder is made from a combination of alkaline and acid substances.
- baking powder is made from a non combination of alkaline and non acid substances.
- baking powder is not made from a combination of alkaline and acid.
3. what is air?
- air is a mixture of gases.Air is incorparated into mixtures using mechanical methods.
- air is 2 types of gases and can not be incorporated into mixtures.
- air is a mixture of gases . air is incorporated into mixtures using non mechianical methods.
4. how does a raising agent work?
- the action of moisture triggers a reaction with the raising agent to produce a gas.
- gas doesnt expand when heated.
- when heated the bubbles form a rough struct containing a network of big holes.
5. what is the function of carbon dioxide?
- carbon dioxide is incorporated into mixtures in two ways.
- one of the ways is chemical raising agents - bicarbonate of soda
- one of the other ways is using a biological raising agent- from the fermentation of yeast.
Similar Design & Technology: Food Technology resources: