1. what is the function of collagen?
- there is no particular function
- to provide mechanical strength in many areas
- to hold the body together
- to carry out metabolic activities
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. how many oxygen molecules can bind to haemoglobin?
3. describe one difference between the structure of haemoglobin and collagen
- there are no differences between the two
- Haemoglobin contains a prosthetic group whereas collagen does not have a prosthetic group
- one is a protein and one is a carbohydrate
- Haemoglobin is insoluble in water whereas collagen is soluble in water
4. what is meant by the term Quaternary structure
- a protein structure that consists of alpha helix's
- Protein structure where a protein consists of more than one polypeptide chain.
- a sequence of amino acids
- a protein structure that consists of only one polypeptide chain
5. what is the function of haemoglobin?
- to regulate temperature
- to increase the water potentional within the blood vessels
- to carry oxygen from the lungs to the tissues
- to provide energy to muscles