1. what is the function of collagen?
- to provide mechanical strength in many areas
- to carry out metabolic activities
- to hold the body together
- there is no particular function
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. how many oxygen molecules can bind to haemoglobin?
3. describe one difference between the structure of haemoglobin and collagen
- one is a protein and one is a carbohydrate
- Haemoglobin contains a prosthetic group whereas collagen does not have a prosthetic group
- Haemoglobin is insoluble in water whereas collagen is soluble in water
- there are no differences between the two
4. what is the function of haemoglobin?
- to provide energy to muscles
- to regulate temperature
- to carry oxygen from the lungs to the tissues
- to increase the water potentional within the blood vessels
5. which type of bond holds collagen molecules together forming cross-links?