1. Explain how progesterone prevents ovulation.
- Progesterone has negative feedback. Inhibits secretion of FSH which stimulates follicle development.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Explain how changes in progesterone concentration in March show that ovulation took place at the time indicated.
- corpus luteum and progesterone produced.
- oestrogen produced and LH inhibited.
- I don't really care.
3. Insulin is being used. Why is blood glucose conc sometimes very high?
- Eat carbohydrate/sugar and glucose absorbed into blood. Need more insulin.
- Eat carbohydrate/sugar and glucose is absorbed into the intestines.
- They've eaten too much.
4. Explain how glucagon would affect someone’s blood glucose concentration.
- Glycogen to glucose by activating enzymes; Gluconeogenesis.
5. Explain how Implanon prevents fertilisation from taking place.
- FSH inhibited. Follicle not stimulated. LH inhibited. Egg not released.