1. Where did most Catholic opposition come from according to the revisionist view?
- House of Lords
- House of Commons
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Grindal, archbishop of Canterbury, refuse to suppress phrophersyings?
- He was too busy
- He believed they served a useful purpose in training better preaching
- He had Puritan sympathies
3. What did the Act of Seditious Secretaries from 1593 allow?
- Punishments for non-attendance including banishment and execution
- Pamphlets to be published
- Puritan vestments
4. Which of these was not imprisoned for demanding change within the church or publicizing seditious literature?
5. What was the response to the pamphlet 'Admonition to Parliament', published by Field and Wilcox in 1572?
- Field and Wilcox were imprisoned and Puritan printing presses were shut down
- Field and Wilcox were executed and Elizabeth published her own pamphlet against them