1. Why did Grindal, archbishop of Canterbury, refuse to suppress phrophersyings?
- He was too busy
- He believed they served a useful purpose in training better preaching
- He had Puritan sympathies
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Puritan group caused controversy by publishing the Martin Marprelate tracts which attacked bishops, particularly Whitgift?
3. What was the response to the pamphlet 'Admonition to Parliament', published by Field and Wilcox in 1572?
- Field and Wilcox were imprisoned and Puritan printing presses were shut down
- Field and Wilcox were executed and Elizabeth published her own pamphlet against them
4. Where did most Catholic opposition come from according to the revisionist view?
- House of Lords
- House of Commons
5. In which year were the Martin Marprelate tracts published?