1. In which year did the Puritan influence in parliament become clear, marked by Strickland trying to have the Catholic elements removed from the Book of Common Prayer?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year was Wentworth sent to the tower for leading a Puritan attack on clerical abuses?
3. What was the purpose of the High Commission established in the 1580s?
- Interrogate bishops to test their loyalty to the church
- Seek out and execute Heretics
- Teach appropriate preaching methods
4. What was the response to the pamphlet 'Admonition to Parliament', published by Field and Wilcox in 1572?
- Field and Wilcox were imprisoned and Puritan printing presses were shut down
- Field and Wilcox were executed and Elizabeth published her own pamphlet against them
5. What happened to Grindal after he refuse to suppress the phrophesyings?
- He was suspended as Archbishop until his death in 1583
- He was immediately fired and replaced with Whitgift