1. Why did Grindal, archbishop of Canterbury, refuse to suppress phrophersyings?
- He was too busy
- He believed they served a useful purpose in training better preaching
- He had Puritan sympathies
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many ministers were removed from office in attempts to curb the Classical Presbyterian movement of the 1980s?
3. What was the response to the pamphlet 'Admonition to Parliament', published by Field and Wilcox in 1572?
- Field and Wilcox were imprisoned and Puritan printing presses were shut down
- Field and Wilcox were executed and Elizabeth published her own pamphlet against them
4. What happened to Grindal after he refuse to suppress the phrophesyings?
- He was suspended as Archbishop until his death in 1583
- He was immediately fired and replaced with Whitgift
5. Which historian believes that the 'Puritan Choir' in the House of Commons pushed Elizabeth into a more Calvinist settlement than she originally wanted?