1. In which year were the Martin Marprelate tracts published?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened to Grindal after he refuse to suppress the phrophesyings?
- He was suspended as Archbishop until his death in 1583
- He was immediately fired and replaced with Whitgift
3. Why did Grindal, archbishop of Canterbury, refuse to suppress phrophersyings?
- He was too busy
- He believed they served a useful purpose in training better preaching
- He had Puritan sympathies
4. How many ministers were removed from office in attempts to curb the Classical Presbyterian movement of the 1980s?
5. Which of these Bishops DIDN'T take positions within the church in order to try and reform it from within?