1. What year was the Vestments Controversy?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened to Grindal after he refuse to suppress the phrophesyings?
- He was suspended as Archbishop until his death in 1583
- He was immediately fired and replaced with Whitgift
3. What was the purpose of the High Commission established in the 1580s?
- Interrogate bishops to test their loyalty to the church
- Seek out and execute Heretics
- Teach appropriate preaching methods
4. Which of these was not imprisoned for demanding change within the church or publicizing seditious literature?
5. Which of these was not a government response to the Martin Marprelate Tracts?
- Bancroft gave a sermon asserting the rights of bishops
- The idea of divinely appointed bishops was emphasized by Bancroft
- Execute the authors
- Phamplets were issued against the Puritans