1. Which of these was not a government response to the Martin Marprelate Tracts?
- Execute the authors
- Phamplets were issued against the Puritans
- Bancroft gave a sermon asserting the rights of bishops
- The idea of divinely appointed bishops was emphasized by Bancroft
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these Bishops DIDN'T take positions within the church in order to try and reform it from within?
3. Which of these Puritans had power within the Church?
- Edmund Grindal
- John Calvin
4. What happened to Grindal after he refuse to suppress the phrophesyings?
- He was suspended as Archbishop until his death in 1583
- He was immediately fired and replaced with Whitgift
5. In which year were the Martin Marprelate tracts published?