- Created by: Millieprime47
- Created on: 01-05-18 20:12
1. Which of these is not associated with the pneumotaxic centre?
- It is an antagonist of the apneustic centre
- It increases breathing rate
- It stimulates inspiratory neurons in the medulla
- It is in the upper pons
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these statements is true?
- Juxtapulmonary receptors detect a prolonged tidal volume and lead to reduced inspiration
- Signals from the carotid body travel via the carotid sinus and the glossopharyngeal nerve
- Peripheral chemoreceptors are type 2 glomus cells
- Central chemoreceptors detect increased hydrogen ions in the CSF
3. Which of these are not involved in expiration (quiet or forced)?
- Abdominal muscles
- External intercostals
- Internal intercostals
4. Which of these laws discusses pressure and volume of gases?
5. Increased inspiration when the chest wall is impeded is initiated by which receptors?