1. What is a strength of this definition?
- Society gives itself the right to intervene which may get people help sooner
- society can teach them how to be normal
- Society gives itself the right to intervene so people are locked up
- Prevents abnormal people from becoming a problem for society
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a limitation of this definition?
- Too simple
- May encourage discrimination/prejustice
- Varies between cultures
- Varies between individuals
3. Which of these is the correct definition of failure to function?
- The inability to cope with day to day life
- The inability to get motivated
- The inability to talk to people
- The inability to get out of bed
4. Which of these is a category of the failure to function definition?
- maladaptive behaviour
- abnormal perception of reality
- suicide attempts
5. What is the correct definition of deviation from social norms?
- Behaviour that is accepted in some places but not others
- Behaviour that violates accepted social rules
- Behaviour that complies with social norms
- Behaviour that makes some people uncomfortable