1. What is encoding?
- The way in which information is transferred or coded to be stored by sound or meaning
- The amount of information that can be stored in memory at any particular time
- The length of time that information can be held for
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the investigaton into encoding show about STM?
- That it encodes acoustically
- That it encodes semanticaly
- That is doesn't encode at all
3. What is retrieval?
- When information stored in the memory is remembered
- When encoded information is stored in the memory until needed
- The way in which information is transferred to be store by sound or meaning
4. What happpens if we pay attention to what's in our sensory memory?
- It transfers to our long term memory
- It transfers to our short term memory
- We forget it
5. What is the duration of LTM?
- A lifetime
- 10 years
- 50 years
Similar Psychology resources: