1. Weaknesses of the study
- Real life not as ambiguous as stimuli and studies not generalisable.
- Participants what they were doing (may have tried harder) and fewer results since some data could not be used.
- Unfamiliar material chosen and changes over time unfair.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of experiment was it?
3. What did Palmer want to find out?
- Whether words shown with pictures would affect the way the picture was remembered
- Whether context affects perception.
- How much information changes with each reproduction
4. What is a perceptual set?
- When a piece of information is passed from one person to another
- The tendency to notice some things more than others.
- When a participant is given a story to remember
5. How many students were tested?
- 64 participants
- 20 participants
- 95 participants
Similar Psychology resources: