1. What is a perceptual set?
- The tendency to notice some things more than others.
- When a participant is given a story to remember
- When a piece of information is passed from one person to another
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Palmer want to find out?
- Whether words shown with pictures would affect the way the picture was remembered
- Whether context affects perception.
- How much information changes with each reproduction
3. What was the dependent variable?
- The number of correctly identified objects.
- Whether story could be remembered accurately or not.
- Participants' drawing compared to original.
4. What was the independent variable?
- The four conditions of the context - recognising loaf after seeing kitchen (appropriate), recognising mailbox after kitchen (inappropriate, similar), recognising drum after kitchen (inappropriate, different) and no context
- The type of task
- Whether verbal labels were heard or not
5. Did participants identify more objects after seeing an appropriate or inappropriate context?
- Appropriate context
- Inappropriate context
Similar Psychology resources: