1. What was the independent variable?
- The four conditions of the context - recognising loaf after seeing kitchen (appropriate), recognising mailbox after kitchen (inappropriate, similar), recognising drum after kitchen (inappropriate, different) and no context
- The type of task
- Whether verbal labels were heard or not
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Weaknesses of the study
- Participants what they were doing (may have tried harder) and fewer results since some data could not be used.
- Unfamiliar material chosen and changes over time unfair.
- Real life not as ambiguous as stimuli and studies not generalisable.
3. How many students were tested?
- 64 participants
- 20 participants
- 95 participants
4. What was the dependent variable?
- Participants' drawing compared to original.
- The number of correctly identified objects.
- Whether story could be remembered accurately or not.
5. What were the three objects used?
- Drum, mailbox and loaf of bread
- Drum, mailbox and toaster
- Drum, toaster and loaf of bread
- Toaster, mailbox and loaf of bread
Similar Psychology resources: