1. Strengths of the study
- Control group used, lots of evidence and findings supported by recent evidence
- Instructions, inaccurate data did not affect results and time taken to remember each object the same.
- Done many times and other stories were used.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of experiment was it?
3. What was the independent variable?
- The four conditions of the context - recognising loaf after seeing kitchen (appropriate), recognising mailbox after kitchen (inappropriate, similar), recognising drum after kitchen (inappropriate, different) and no context
- The type of task
- Whether verbal labels were heard or not
4. What was the dependent variable?
- The number of correctly identified objects.
- Whether story could be remembered accurately or not.
- Participants' drawing compared to original.
5. Weaknesses of the study
- Real life not as ambiguous as stimuli and studies not generalisable.
- Participants what they were doing (may have tried harder) and fewer results since some data could not be used.
- Unfamiliar material chosen and changes over time unfair.
Similar Psychology resources: