1. Research - Dual task studies, participants followed moving dot of light, half had to describe the angles in a hollow letter 'f' at the same time, while the other half had to do a verbal task simultaneously. The second group did both tasks better.
- Baddeley et al (1975)
- Gathercole and Baddeley (1993)
- D'espositio et al (1995)
- Baddeley and Hitch (1974)
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Describe episodic LTM
- explicit (conscious), include general knowledge , concepts, meanings (e.g how to spell) initial coding is in the pre-frontal and temporal lobes
- explicit (conscious), personal experiences, initially coded in pre-frontal cortex but stored in neoortex, come together in hippocampus to form a memory episode
- implicit (conscious), occur early in life and don't require much attention, e.g how to walk, talk, eat, etc
3. Who invented the MSM and what year?
- Baddeley and Hitch, 1974
- Godden and Baddeley, 1974
- Atkinson and Shiffrin, 1968
- Atkinson and Shiffrin, 1962
4. Who added the episodic buffer to the WMM and in what year?
- Baddeley, 2000
- Logie, 1995
- Logie, 2000
- Tulving, 2001
5. what are the names of the two subsystems in the WMM?
- Phonological loop and visuo-spatial sketchpad
- articulatory loop and visuo-spatial sketchpad
- buffer and central executive
- phonological store and buffer