1. Describe procedural LTM
- explicit (conscious), include general knowledge , concepts, meanings (e.g how to spell) initial coding is in the pre-frontal and temporal lobes
- implicit (conscious), occur early in life and don't require much attention, e.g how to walk, talk, eat, etc
- explicit (conscious), personal experiences, initially coded in pre-frontal cortex but stored in neoortex, come together in hippocampus to form a memory episode
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who brought the visual cache (visual, form and colour info) and the inner scribe (spatial info) to the visuo-spatial sketchpad and in what year?
- Baddeley, 1995
- Baddeley, 2000
- Logie, 1995
- Logie, 2002
3. Who invented the MSM and what year?
- Godden and Baddeley, 1974
- Atkinson and Shiffrin, 1962
- Atkinson and Shiffrin, 1968
- Baddeley and Hitch, 1974
4. What is the episodic buffer (WMM)
- Intergrates visual, spatial and verbal info to form memory 'episodes' in the mind.
- Element of mind which helps individuals to remember scenes from films etc
- Integrates verbal and auditory info to help individuals process sounds into meanings
5. what are the names of the two subsystems in the WMM?
- phonological store and buffer
- Phonological loop and visuo-spatial sketchpad
- buffer and central executive
- articulatory loop and visuo-spatial sketchpad