1. Locus of Control - Rotter 1966 What does external Locus of control mean?
- Means that focus on others desires and not your own
- Means that you believe outside forces, not you, have over events that happen in your life
- Means that you believe you have personal control over events that happen in your life
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of bias did Ford and Widiger (1989) look at in diagnosis of dysfunctional behaviour?
- Social background
3. Geer and Maisel's (1972) study on lack of control as a source of stress, which group displayed the most amount of stress
- Group 2
- Group 3
- Group 1
4. In Kanner's study on hassles and life events as a cause of stress what is the sample?
- 111 mothers with asthmatic children, ages 17-54 and children's ages 9 months- 17 years
- 30 patients from a medical centre in the Netherlands (14m and 16f) who had hbp despite having taken a single form of hbp medication for 4 weeks.
- 100 participants who had previously completed a health survey in 1965. They were from California mostly white, protestant , with adequate or above average income and at least a 9th grade education.
- 32 Australian children (10m and 22f) aged 1.5-6 years old (3.2 years mean age). All had been diagnosed with asthma and prescribed medication administered by pressurised metered does inhaler.
5. Years for the main and Background study in the LoC
- Main 1998 No background
- Background- 1966 Main 1978
- Background- 1958 Main 1978