1. Which of these statements does NOT describe DiNardo(1988) study for a cognitive explanation of anxiety disorder?
- He wanted to see if phobias of snakes (a "prepared" stimulus) could be more easily conditioned than phobias of houses or faces (stimuli that evolution has not 'prepared' us to be fearful of)
- The Geer's Fear Survey Schedule (FSS-11) was administered to 790 psychology students and then classified those who answered "much" or "very much" to fear of dogs as fearful. Those who answered "not at all" as non-fearful
- Structured interviews were conducted with the final sample regarding their past experiences with dogs and their future expectations of fear and harm
- The students determined 'fearful' or 'non-fearful' did a Behavioural Approach Test (BAT) where a black Lab approached them while under control by a handler. They then rated their anxiety on a scale of 0-8.
- Non-fearful participants were retained if there rating was below 2, fearful retained in above 2. 37 women left, 16 fearful, 21 non-fearful.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which statement is NOT correct regarding DiNardo(1988) for a cognitive explanation of anxiety disorder?
- There was a significant difference between level of fear and expectation of harm in the fearful and non-fearful groups.
- There was a significant difference between past experiences with dogs in the fearful and non-fearful groups.
- There was no significant difference between past experiences with dogs in the fearful and non-fearful groups.
3. In what session where party popper introduced in Mcgrath (1990) that looks at behaviour as a technique for managing stress
4. Years for the main and Background study in the LoC
- Background- 1966 Main 1978
- Background- 1958 Main 1978
- Main 1998 No background
5. How long was the placebo treatment phase in Braam's study (2003) for measuring non adherence?
- 4 weeks
- 16 weeks
- 1 week
- 3 weeks