1. Which of these statements does not describe an "organised" murderer
- Attempt to control the victim
- Minimum use of contraint
- Crime is planned
- Leaves few clues at the crime scene
- Victim is a targeted stranger
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Dion, Bershield and Walster (1972) a background study for attractiveness of the defendant influencing the jury said which statement?
- People attribute more positive qualities to attractive people than to unattractive people when they were shown photos of them. This is known as the Halo effect and seems to operate on assumptions made on the basis of physical attributes alone.
- This study found that judges were less likely to imprison attractive defendants than unattractive defendants.
- This study showed that judges imposed lower fines on attractive defendants.
3. Sample used in Broeder (1959) study on evidence being ruled inadmissable to a jury?
- 30 experimental (mock) juries, who were on real jury service at the time, they listened to tapes of evidence as if they were hearing the case for real.Took place at the Law school in the University of Chicago
- 130 students paid to take part in an hour long experiment based around a trail of someone accused of murder.
- 300 college students (150m,150f) from an introductory psychology class, the majority white and middle class. Told a study on psychology and law. 100 in each condition.
4. which statement regarding Bowlby's (1944) study on disrupted families as a reason for turning to crime s NOT correct
- a social worker interviewed a parent to get details of early life of the child
- A Space-Time budget was completed
- on arrival to the clinic each child had a IQ test administered by the psychologist who also assess their attiude toward the tests
- bowlby conducted an interview with the children and parent (diagnosing affectionless psychopathy)
5. Which of these is NOT method used in Dabbs et al (1995) study on gender as reason for turning to crime?
- Data was collected from analysis of urine samples over a 24 hour period
- Salvia samples (to measure testosterone)
- Crime of records
- Disciplinary reports