1. Petkova's study found what?
- Positive correlation between severity of AN and level of perfectionism?
- Media influence were one of the main cause for developing a fear of putting on weight?
- Media influences are one of the main causes of AN
- Introduction of tv in Fiji lead to teenage girls reporting an desire to lose weight
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What study found that when tv was introduced to Fiji, teenage girls developed a desire to lose weight?
- Becker et al.
- Yamamiya et al.
- Butler and Montgometry
3. Evaluative point of personality being the cause of AN
- No supportive research, lowering validity of the theory as you cannot be sure personality's effect on disorder is being measured
- Causal relationship can be established as its personality causes the disorder
- No causal relationship can be established as its unknown whether which cause the other or whether there is any cause and effect relationship
- Personality is very subjective
4. What does Halmi et al's research suggest about what causes AN?
- Its caused by a genetic vulnerability of perfectionism that runs in families
- AN is a genetic disorder passed down through families
- Perfectionism is the main cause of AN
- There's no relationship between perfectionism and the development of AN
5. Which study found that anorexics were finished a task very quickly even though they reported that they weren't impulsive?
- Strober et al.
- Butler and Montgomery
- Jones and Buckingham
- Halmi et al.