1. Petkova's study found what?
- Positive correlation between severity of AN and level of perfectionism?
- Introduction of tv in Fiji lead to teenage girls reporting an desire to lose weight
- Media influence were one of the main cause for developing a fear of putting on weight?
- Media influences are one of the main causes of AN
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What research study found a positive correlation between severity of AN and level of Perfectionism on the multi-dimensional Scale?
- Halmi et al.
- Jones and Buckingham
- Strober et al.
3. What study found that when tv was introduced to Fiji, teenage girls developed a desire to lose weight?
- Butler and Montgometry
- Becker et al.
- Yamamiya et al.
4. Evaluative point of personality being the cause of AN
- No causal relationship can be established as its unknown whether which cause the other or whether there is any cause and effect relationship
- Causal relationship can be established as its personality causes the disorder
- Personality is very subjective
- No supportive research, lowering validity of the theory as you cannot be sure personality's effect on disorder is being measured
5. Jones and Buckingham found what?
- Media influences are one of the main causes of developing a fear of weight gain
- Those with low self esteem are more likely to be affected by media influences
- Those with low self esteem are less likely to be affected by media influences
- Those with AN finished a performance task faster than they reported they would