1. What study found that when tv was introduced to Fiji, teenage girls developed a desire to lose weight?
- Butler and Montgometry
- Becker et al.
- Yamamiya et al.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Jones and Buckingham found what?
- Those with low self esteem are more likely to be affected by media influences
- Those with low self esteem are less likely to be affected by media influences
- Media influences are one of the main causes of developing a fear of weight gain
- Those with AN finished a performance task faster than they reported they would
3. What does Halmi et al's research suggest about what causes AN?
- There's no relationship between perfectionism and the development of AN
- Its caused by a genetic vulnerability of perfectionism that runs in families
- Perfectionism is the main cause of AN
- AN is a genetic disorder passed down through families
4. Evaluative point of personality being the cause of AN
- No supportive research, lowering validity of the theory as you cannot be sure personality's effect on disorder is being measured
- Causal relationship can be established as its personality causes the disorder
- No causal relationship can be established as its unknown whether which cause the other or whether there is any cause and effect relationship
- Personality is very subjective
5. What research study found a positive correlation between severity of AN and level of Perfectionism on the multi-dimensional Scale?
- Strober et al.
- Halmi et al.
- Jones and Buckingham