- Created by: Ciara Ryan
- Created on: 21-04-15 17:34
1. Petkova's study found what?
- Media influence were one of the main cause for developing a fear of putting on weight?
- Introduction of tv in Fiji lead to teenage girls reporting an desire to lose weight
- Media influences are one of the main causes of AN
- Positive correlation between severity of AN and level of perfectionism?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What research study found a positive correlation between severity of AN and level of Perfectionism on the multi-dimensional Scale?
- Strober et al.
- Halmi et al.
- Jones and Buckingham
3. What's an disadvantage of Bruch's psychodynamic theory?
- Lack of research, lowers reliability
- Age bias so it lowers population validity and cannot be generalised to older sufferers, making it harder to treat them
- Gender bias so population validity is lowered
4. What does Halmi et al's research suggest about what causes AN?
- There's no relationship between perfectionism and the development of AN
- AN is a genetic disorder passed down through families
- Its caused by a genetic vulnerability of perfectionism that runs in families
- Perfectionism is the main cause of AN
5. In Strober et al.'s study what were the results?
- Low levels of perfectionism with an average of 13% for girls and 5% for boys
- High levels of perfectionism with an average of 73% for girls and 50% for boys
- High levels of perfectionism with an average of 53% for girls and 70% for boys
- High levels of perfectionism with an average of 50% for girls and 73% for boys