1. Which study found that anorexics were finished a task very quickly even though they reported that they weren't impulsive?
- Halmi et al.
- Butler and Montgomery
- Strober et al.
- Jones and Buckingham
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What study found that when tv was introduced to Fiji, teenage girls developed a desire to lose weight?
- Butler and Montgometry
- Becker et al.
- Yamamiya et al.
3. Evaluative point of personality being the cause of AN
- Personality is very subjective
- No causal relationship can be established as its unknown whether which cause the other or whether there is any cause and effect relationship
- Causal relationship can be established as its personality causes the disorder
- No supportive research, lowering validity of the theory as you cannot be sure personality's effect on disorder is being measured
4. In Strober et al.'s study what were the results?
- High levels of perfectionism with an average of 53% for girls and 70% for boys
- High levels of perfectionism with an average of 73% for girls and 50% for boys
- High levels of perfectionism with an average of 50% for girls and 73% for boys
- Low levels of perfectionism with an average of 13% for girls and 5% for boys
5. What does Halmi et al's research suggest about what causes AN?
- There's no relationship between perfectionism and the development of AN
- AN is a genetic disorder passed down through families
- Its caused by a genetic vulnerability of perfectionism that runs in families
- Perfectionism is the main cause of AN