1. What is repression?
- Going back to a childhood state
- Not remembering something because it cannot be accessed
- Refusing to acknowledge threatening thoughts
- Saying that threatening thoughts are someone else's thoughts
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the focus of pleasure in the phallic stage?
- Genital region
3. what are Freudian slips?
- Describing a dreams content and the analyst tries to find the unconscious desire
- Saying one thing while meaning another
- Pooling data from various sources to look for common themes
- Patient lets out a stream of consciousness and the analyst listens to find connections to try and uncover unconscious wishes
4. what is the first aspect of the personality to develop?
5. what is the latency period?
- All of these
- resting period
- repression of desires
- forming same sex friendships