1. What can Freud's theory explain which the biological approach can't ?
- the occurrence of upsetting dreams and recurring dreams
- why we dream
- what causes a dream to occur
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the biological explanation suggest?
- dreaming takes place in REM ( rapid eye movement)
- dreaming occurs when you have an imbalance of chemicals
- Your heart beat increases when your dreaming causing a nightmare
3. What does the activation synthesis theory sugest?
- they don't know why we have a dream
- dreams don't have a meaning they are caused by the brain making sense of a random string of thoughts
- dreams do have a meaning which we can decode
4. What was Freuds development of dream analysis based on?
- unconscious thoughts and desires
- conscious thoughts and desires
5. Where do the dreams get retrieved from?
- the brain
- pre-frontal cortex
- manifest content
- latent content