1. What can Freud's theory explain which the biological approach can't ?
- what causes a dream to occur
- the occurrence of upsetting dreams and recurring dreams
- why we dream
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the biological explanation suggest?
- dreaming takes place in REM ( rapid eye movement)
- dreaming occurs when you have an imbalance of chemicals
- Your heart beat increases when your dreaming causing a nightmare
3. Can Freud's concepts be measured scientifically?
4. what does the biological activation synthesis theory suggest?
- Depending on your gender will determine what dreams you have
- brain is still active during sleep, makes sense of string of random thoughts ( final thoughts before sleep)
- when you sleep your neurotransmitters create the dreams
- dreaming happens when we have an imbalance of chemicals
5. Are Freud's concepts objective and non-reductionist