1. What is an example of psychic healing?
- Prayer, wishing, calpol
- Palm reading, aura detection, surgery
- Prayer, therapeutic touch, reiki healing
- Therapeutic touch, medicine, voo-doo
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a negative evaluation point for Rosa et al's study?
- it lacks credibility
- The study was designed by a nine years old girl
- 21 practitioners were used so it lack population validity
- The study used real-life therapeutic touch practitioners
3. What is psychic healing?
- Treating a person without conventional physical methods
- Reading a person's mind
- Being able to move things in your environment
- Being able to tell the future
4. What were the findings for Rosa et al's study?
- the results led to the acceptance of a null-hypothesis
- 44% of therapeutic touch practitioners answered correctly, which is lower than chance
- The results support the existence of psychic healing
- 58% of therapeutic touch practitioners answered incorrectly
5. Which are the following are negative evaluation points?
- Rosa et al's study, the placebo effect, lack of reliability
- Confirmation bias, wiseman and greening's study, Cha et al's study
- Wirth et al's study, Cha et al's study, lack of control
- Lack of reliability, Blackmore and Troscianko's study, Radin's study