1. What were the findings for Rosa et al's study?
- 44% of therapeutic touch practitioners answered correctly, which is lower than chance
- 58% of therapeutic touch practitioners answered incorrectly
- The results support the existence of psychic healing
- the results led to the acceptance of a null-hypothesis
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is psychic healing?
- Being able to move things in your environment
- Being able to tell the future
- Treating a person without conventional physical methods
- Reading a person's mind
3. What is a negative evaluation point for Rosa et al's study?
- it lacks credibility
- The study was designed by a nine years old girl
- 21 practitioners were used so it lack population validity
- The study used real-life therapeutic touch practitioners
4. Which are the following are negative evaluation points?
- Confirmation bias, wiseman and greening's study, Cha et al's study
- Rosa et al's study, the placebo effect, lack of reliability
- Lack of reliability, Blackmore and Troscianko's study, Radin's study
- Wirth et al's study, Cha et al's study, lack of control
5. What were the findings of cha et al's study?
- the Christian strangers did not pray for the group and so, this affected the results
- The infertile women who were prayed for, were twice more likely to become pregnant than the control group
- There were ethical issues
- The infertile women showed no improvement