1. What are the methodological issues within research into the success and failure of dieting?
- people restrain their food intake which is not right
- Data is often drawn from anecdotal evidence which can be innaccurate and subjective
- sample sizes are too large
- lab studies lack ecological validity
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Dieters are said to have a larger range between hunger and satiety. Therefore when the do eat they require
- 100 banana milkshakes to feel happy again
- more food to satisfy themselves
- less food to satisfy themselves
3. An issue with Redden's Jelly Bean study is that...
- there were high levels of control
- it was a laboratory experiment and therefore lacked mundane realism and participants were prone to demand characteristics
- people got ill from too many jelly beans
4. Who claimed Restraint Theory may have implications for Obesity treatments?
- Yung et al
5. Who discovered a Cultural bias within research into the failure of dieting?
- Park et al
- Brown and Ogden
- Herman and Mack