- Created by: saskia
- Created on: 27-05-18 22:26
1. The pendulum task is used to test what?
- Hypothetic-deductive reasoning
- Trial and error behaviour
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which substage of of Piaget's Sensorimotor stage of development is an infant likely to exhibit deferred imitation?
- Secondary circular reactions
- Primary circular reactions
- Beginning of thought
- Tertiary circular reactions
3. Does Piaget suggest that children are active or passive during development?
- Both, depending on the specific situation
- Both, depending on the stage of development the child is in
4. Infants use their head to turn on a light after observing an adult do the same with free hands, but use their hands after observing an adult do the same with tied hands. This is called...
- emulatory rationalisation
- reasonable imitation
- rational imitation
- emulatory imitation
5. According to the core knowledge theory, how would infants in the Saskialulu tribe differ in reasoning tasks to western infants?
- It would depend on the social-cognitive structure of the tribe
- They wouldn't
- They would be better at tasks that were relevant to their day-to-day lives, but may underperform on abstract tasks
- It would be influenced by the gender of the child and the gender of their primary caregiver