1. Most sensory nuclei of the thalamus project to the:
- Reticular formation
- Substantia nigra
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Once released, neurotransmitter molecules typically produce signals in postsynaptic neurons by:
- Entering postsynaptic neurons
- Binding to postsynaptic receptors
- Attaching to vesticles
- Binding directly to bilipid layer
3. Which inhibitory neurotransmitter is considered to be the most prevalent in the mammalian CNS?
4. Ions pass through the neural membrane via specialised pores called:
- Ion channels
- Gap junctions
5. Which excitatory neurotransmitter is considered to be the most prevalent in the mammalian CNS?