1. Transcription occurs along a .... template forming an mRNA in .... direction.
- 5' to 3' ; 5' to 3'
- 3' to 5' ; 5' to 3'
- 5' to 3' ; 3' to 5'
- 3' to 5' ; 3' to 5'
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. which of these statements is false:
- the genetic code is triplet
- degenerate codons specify the same amino acids
- The genetic code is overlapping
- the genetic code in universal
3. the amino acid sequence of a polypeptide chain comprises the .... structure of the protein.
4. An antibiotic interferes with the ability of the ribosome to move. What affect would exposure to this chemical have on a bacterial cell?
- the protein synthesized will be longer than normal
- no proteins will be produced
- the protein synthesized will be shorter than norma
- protein synthesis will be affected
5. How many strands does RNA have?