1. What is the result of translation?
- A ribosome
- Polypeptide chain
- An amino acid
- DNA strand
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where does translation occur?
- Ribosomes in cytoplasm
3. What is the use of mRNA
- To move DNA along and form mRNA strand
- Carries amino acids to ribosome
- To carry genetic code from DNA to cytoplasm
- To catalyse polypeptide chain
4. What is the last step of transcription?
- tRNA molecules carry amino acids to the ribosome
- mRNA moves out through a nuclear pore to attach to a ribosome
- Hydrogen bonds reform
- RNA reaches stop codon and detaches from DNA
5. What is the first stage of transcription
- RNA polymerase lines up free RNA
- mRNA is copied
- RNA polymerase attaches to DNA
- Hydrogen bonds between DNA break