1. What is the result of translation?
- Polypeptide chain
- DNA strand
- An amino acid
- A ribosome
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is the use of rRNA?
- Carries amino acids to ribosome
- To move DNA along and form mRNA strand
- To catalyse polypeptide chain
- To carry genetic code from DNA to cytoplasm
3. What is the first stage of transcription
- RNA polymerase lines up free RNA
- mRNA is copied
- RNA polymerase attaches to DNA
- Hydrogen bonds between DNA break
4. What is transcription?
- Polypeptide chains break
- Amino acid chain is formed
- Process where mRNA is made using a template
- Occurs at the ribosomes
5. What is the first step of translation?
- mRNA moves out through a nuclear pore to attach to a ribosome
- Hydrogen bonds reform
- tRNA molecules carry amino acids to the ribosome
- RNA reaches stop codon and detaches from DNA