1. What is the use of the golgi apparatus?
- Involved in the formation of the spindle during nuclear division and in transport within the cell cytoplasm
- To make lipids and steroids
- Modifies proteins and packages them in vesicles for transport
- Phospholipid bilayer containing proteins and other molecules forming a partially permeable barrier
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What the process in what proteins are produced and their pathway through the cell
- Transcription -> Leaves nucleus -> Protein enters rER -> Protein moves through rER -> Vesicles contains protein -> Vesicles fuse to make sacs of the golgi body -> Protein modified -> Moves through cell (vesicle) -> Fuses with cell surface membrane
- Ribosome gives off protein -> Travels to golgi body -> Is packaged in vesicle -> Travels to rER to assume three-dimensional shape -> Travels back to golgi apparatus -> Is modified in golgi body -> Taken to cell surface membrane
- Transcription -> Leaves nucleus -> Vesicle takes protein to golgi body -> Modified -> Vesicle takes protein to rER -> Turns to three-dimensional shape -> Vesicles fuses with cell surface membrane
- Protein enters rER -> Assumes two-dimensional shape -> Vesicle takes protein to lysosome -> Protein modified -> Protein packaged -> Vesicle takes protein to cell surface membrane
3. Where is a eukaryotic cell found?
- None of these options
- Animals only
- All living organisms
- Plants only
4. What does 'prokaryotic cell' mean?
- 'With organelles'
- 'Before the nucleus'
- 'Without organelles'
- 'After the nucleus'
5. What is the outer most layer of an eukaryotic animal cell?
- Cell surface membrane
- Cell wall