1. Give some examples of trading blocs:
- EQ, HTO, & TSFC
- The EU, ASEAN, & NAFTA
- PTO, the BU, & AZEAN
- BFC, NFFC, & SMO
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why would Protectionism be negative in the long term?
- The revenue from tariffs may become too big for the government
- It can be expensive for a business to upkeep
- It weakens the protected industry because there would be no reason to innovate due to lack of competitors
- It means that business will get less revenue
3. What is a benefit of global sourcing?
- Potentially significant labour cost reductions
- The cost of training the new workers
- Higher risk of loss of intellectual know-how
- Impact on existing workers
4. What is backwards innovation?
- Strategy of innovating in developing markets and then distributing in developed markets e.g. wind-up radios
- Innovating in developed markets and distributing in developing markets e.g. computer
- Producing products backwards
- Innovation by walking backwards
5. Definition of globalisation?
- "When a business successfully enters every single market on the globe"
- "The increased freedom and capacity of individuals and firms to undertake economic transactions with residents of other countries on a global scale"
- "If everyone decided to travel around the globe"
- "The decreased freedom and capacity of individuals and firms to undertake economic transactions with residents of other countries and operate on a global scale"
Similar Business Studies resources: