1. Why would Protectionism be negative in the long term?
- The revenue from tariffs may become too big for the government
- It can be expensive for a business to upkeep
- It weakens the protected industry because there would be no reason to innovate due to lack of competitors
- It means that business will get less revenue
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Definition of globalisation?
- "If everyone decided to travel around the globe"
- "The increased freedom and capacity of individuals and firms to undertake economic transactions with residents of other countries on a global scale"
- "The decreased freedom and capacity of individuals and firms to undertake economic transactions with residents of other countries and operate on a global scale"
- "When a business successfully enters every single market on the globe"
3. What is backwards innovation?
- Innovation by walking backwards
- Strategy of innovating in developing markets and then distributing in developed markets e.g. wind-up radios
- Producing products backwards
- Innovating in developed markets and distributing in developing markets e.g. computer
4. Advantages of being in a trading bloc:
- Firms inside the bloc are protected from cheaper imports from outside e.g. EU shoe industry from China/Vietnam imports
- Products cost more for consumers because efficient producers from outside the bloc may have tariffs added to them
- It reduces the beneficial effects of specialisation
- The benefits of free trade between countries in different blocs are lost
5. What is the definition of offshoring?
- The relocation of a business process from one county to another
- Producing products on a boat off shore
- Distributing products in a different country than the one you produce in
- Purchasing products from a different country
Similar Business Studies resources: