1. Why was Cupid included?
- Cupid was used to show Augustus's paternal attitudes to the plebs
- Cupid was riding on dolphin which showed patronage to Venus
- Cupid was shown on a sphinx showing the defeat of Cleopatra
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What material and size was the Prima Porta ?
- 2M and orginally in bronze
- 2M and originally in marble
- 3M in marble
3. What animal was Cupid riding on the floor to the left of Augustus?
4. Which of the following Gods were not depicted on the breastplate of the Prima Porta?
- Diana Goddess of the hunt
- Sol the Sun God
5. Why was Augustus depicted as bare-footed?
- Show modesty
- Used as a link to the gods
- Show links to the Plebs