1. What did the sphinxes on the shoulders of the Prima Porta make reference?
- Defeat of Cleopatra and the Ptolemies
- Augustus's divinity
- Expansion into Parthia
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What material and size was the Prima Porta ?
- 3M in marble
- 2M and orginally in bronze
- 2M and originally in marble
3. Why was Augustus depicted as bare-footed?
- Used as a link to the gods
- Show links to the Plebs
- Show modesty
4. Why was Cupid included?
- Cupid was used to show Augustus's paternal attitudes to the plebs
- Cupid was riding on dolphin which showed patronage to Venus
- Cupid was shown on a sphinx showing the defeat of Cleopatra
5. What battle is depicted on the breastplate of Augustus?
- Crushing the Gallic rebellion
- Parthenians returning the lost eagles
- Defeat of Antony and Cleopatra