1. Why was Cupid included?
- Cupid was used to show Augustus's paternal attitudes to the plebs
- Cupid was riding on dolphin which showed patronage to Venus
- Cupid was shown on a sphinx showing the defeat of Cleopatra
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What material and size was the Prima Porta ?
- 2M and orginally in bronze
- 2M and originally in marble
- 3M in marble
3. What animal was Cupid riding on the floor to the left of Augustus?
4. Why was Augustus depicted as bare-footed?
- Used as a link to the gods
- Show links to the Plebs
- Show modesty
5. Which of the following Gods were not depicted on the breastplate of the Prima Porta?
- Diana Goddess of the hunt
- Sol the Sun God