1. what do you need to label in the sketch?
- fold axis/fold limb/mineral veins/joints/ hinges/fault/competent and incompetent bed
- Thickness of any bed and labelled correctly, Dip of the left or right limb
- axial plane/fold limb/mineral veins/joints/ hinges/fault/competent and incompetent bed
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. what are the characteristics of rhyolite?
- Banded darker and lighter bands. Darker layers look glassy.
- En bandas bandas claras y oscuras . capas más oscuras vidriosos .
- Banded darker and lighter bands
- Darker layers look glassy.
3. what is the form and shape of pillow lavas?
- pillow and bulbous shape(rounded structures)
- bulbous shape(hexagonal structures)
- rectangular structures
4. how is rhyolite formed?
- Rapid cooling means no crystals form in glassy layers
- Flow banding- crystallising parallel to flow. Rapid cooling means no crystals form in glassy layers
- franja de flujo- cristalizar paralelo a fluir. El enfriamiento rápido significa que no se forman cristales en las capas vítreas
5. what happens to the surface?
- it cools quickly but the lava still flows underneath
- it cools slowly but the lava still flows underneath
- it cools quickly and the lava stops flowing