1. what do you need to label in the sketch?
- axial plane/fold limb/mineral veins/joints/ hinges/fault/competent and incompetent bed
- fold axis/fold limb/mineral veins/joints/ hinges/fault/competent and incompetent bed
- Thickness of any bed and labelled correctly, Dip of the left or right limb
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. how are pillow lavas formed?
- Formed by eruption of lava under water, the outside of each pillow shape cooled quickly. Each pillow cooled in layers.
- Formou por erupção de lava sob a água , a parte externa de cada travesseiro forma resfriado rapidamente . Cada almofada arrefece em camadas.
- Formada por la erupción de lava bajo el agua , el exterior de cada forma de almohada se enfría rápidamente. Cada almohada se enfría en capas .
3. what health and safety hazards must be considered?
- risks with breakage of glassware/Scalding of water or burns from the tube/Danger with electricity and water mixing.
- Danger with electricity and water mixing.
- risks with breakage of glassware
4. what happens to the surface?
- it cools quickly and the lava stops flowing
- it cools quickly but the lava still flows underneath
- it cools slowly but the lava still flows underneath
5. what type of rock is formed in the pillow lavas?