1. what happens to the surface?
- it cools quickly and the lava stops flowing
- it cools quickly but the lava still flows underneath
- it cools slowly but the lava still flows underneath
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. what measurements do you need to make?
- Thickness of any bed and labelled correctly, Dip of the left or right limb
- fold axis/fold limb/mineral veins/joints/ hinges/fault/competent and incompetent bed
- Thickness of any bed and labelled correctly, alone
3. where in the lava flow is the pahoehoe formed?
- outside the lava flow
- in the centre
- in the edges
4. when does an increase in velocity occurs?
- it occurs with an increase in temperature
- it occurs with an increase in viscosity
5. how are pillow lavas formed?
- Formada por la erupción de lava bajo el agua , el exterior de cada forma de almohada se enfría rápidamente. Cada almohada se enfría en capas .
- Formed by eruption of lava under water, the outside of each pillow shape cooled quickly. Each pillow cooled in layers.
- Formou por erupção de lava sob a água , a parte externa de cada travesseiro forma resfriado rapidamente . Cada almofada arrefece em camadas.