1. What phrase describes the phenomenon of peoples' expectations of poverty forming early in life?
- delayed poverty expectations
- cohort effect
- lagged poverty line
- wealth socialisation
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that the large increase in relative poverty between 1983 and 1990 reflects 'a large shift in public attitudes'?
- Gordon and Pantazis
- Gordon and Pichouette
- Lucey and Pantazis
- Reay and Lucey
3. Who argues that poverty is an absolute notion in the space of capabilities and is a relative notion in the space of commodities?
4. What percent income bracket do over half of working people exiting relative poverty enter into?
5. Which of the following is not a higher risk for women than men, according to Bradshaw?
- lacking socially perceived necessities
- restricted leisure activities
- restricted movement due to safety concerns
- labour market exclusion
- mental health issues
- income poverty