1. 'Only those individuals who are able to escape predators/withstand disease/withstand an adverse climate will survive to reproduce'. What is this termed?
- Natural selection
- Selection pressure
- Darwin's Law
- Survival of the fittest
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why can cold temperatures affect mammal and bird populations?
- More energy is used trying to keep warm so their is less energy available for growth and reproduction
- Enzymes act more slowly as they are not at their optimum temperature
- The enzymes are denatured so substrates cannot bind to their active sites
- Shivering causes a decrease in population sizes due to kinetic theory
3. What could increase human birth rate?
- Social/cultural practices
- More contraception
- A higher proportion of people studying at university
4. What is interspecific competition?
- Competition between members of the same community
- Competition between members of different species
- Competition between members of the same species
- Competition between members of different habitats
5. What are all the interacting biotic and abiotic features in a specific area known as?