1. What is a community?
- All the populations of different organisms living and interacting in a particular place at the same time
- All the organisms of one species living in a particular place at the same time
- All the organisms of one species over the whole Earth
- Any collection of organisms
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does average life expectancy mean?
- The average age at which 50% of the individuals in a particular population are still alive
- Average number of years of life for anyone, changed every 100 years
- The average age that a person will die, taken from the national census
- An estimate based on factors including wealth, health of the individual and lifestyle factors
3. What is the term for changes in a human population?
- Demographic transition
- Demographic differences
- Population growth rate
- Birth rate - death rate
4. How would you estimate a population size from mark-release-recapture?
- [no. individuals in first sample * no. in second sample]/no. marked individuals recaptured
- [no. marked individuals * no. marked individuals recaptured]/no. individuals in first sample
- [no. marked individuals recaptured * no. in second sample]/no. individuals in first sample
- [no. marked individuals recaptured * no. in first sample] *100
5. What could increase human birth rate?
- A higher proportion of people studying at university
- Social/cultural practices
- More contraception