1. What is an ecological niche?
- The habitat of a particular group of organisms in the ecosystem
- All the biotic and abiotic factors required for an organism to survive, reproduce and maintain a viable population
- The food eaten by one particular species in an area
- All the biotic conditions required for an organism to live in a particular area
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. 'Only those individuals who are able to escape predators/withstand disease/withstand an adverse climate will survive to reproduce'. What is this termed?
- Darwin's Law
- Natural selection
- Selection pressure
- Survival of the fittest
3. What are all the interacting biotic and abiotic features in a specific area known as?
4. What is a community?
- All the organisms of one species over the whole Earth
- Any collection of organisms
- All the populations of different organisms living and interacting in a particular place at the same time
- All the organisms of one species living in a particular place at the same time
5. Why are predator-prey cycles unreliable?
- We do not know how many repeats have been taken
- The predator actually has a larger range of food than just the one prey species
- Methods used to collect data involve systematic sampling so are not valid
- The scientists conducting experiments are imbeciles