1. What stage of the DTM would China fall into?
- Late expanding
- High fluctuating
- Low fluctuating
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Thomas Malthus was a pessimist. He argued that ....
- food supply grew at the same as population to keep up with demand.
- population grew geometrically (1,2,4,8) whilst food increased arithmetically (1,2,3,4)
- population grew arithmetically (1,2,3,4) whilst food increased geometrically (1,2,4,8)
3. France experienced declining fertility rates. Which of the following strategies did the French government adopt?
- Travel and shopping discounts for large families.
- Heavier taxation on those with more than four children
- Discounts on higher education / training if a couple had four or more children.
4. Population pyramids show the age - sex structure of a country. Define those who are 'young dependent'.
- Those aged 16 or under who rely on parents / carers with an income.
- Those aged 18 - 25 who are unemployed and can't get a job on medical grounds
- Those who are 16 - 19 and in higher education or training and still need support of parents / carers.
5. Name the 5 stages of the DTM.
- High expansion / low expansion / low fluctuating / slow fluctuating / decline
- High flucutating / Early expanding / late expanding / low fluctuating / decline
- High fluctuating / rapid expansion / low fluctuating / slow expansion / decline