1. What stage of the DTM would China fall into?
- Low fluctuating
- Late expanding
- High fluctuating
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Population pyramids show the age - sex structure of a country. Define those who are 'young dependent'.
- Those who are 16 - 19 and in higher education or training and still need support of parents / carers.
- Those aged 16 or under who rely on parents / carers with an income.
- Those aged 18 - 25 who are unemployed and can't get a job on medical grounds
3. Migration can influence population. Name our Case study areas that investigate this issue.
- Isle of Purbeck, Dorset (decline) and Southampton (growth)
- Barra , Scotland (experiencing decline) and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania (experiencing rapid growth)
- Rusholme ,Manchester (decline) and Didsbury, Manchester (growth)
4. Thomas Malthus was a pessimist. He argued that ....
- food supply grew at the same as population to keep up with demand.
- population grew geometrically (1,2,4,8) whilst food increased arithmetically (1,2,3,4)
- population grew arithmetically (1,2,3,4) whilst food increased geometrically (1,2,4,8)
5. Name the 5 stages of the DTM.
- High expansion / low expansion / low fluctuating / slow fluctuating / decline
- High flucutating / Early expanding / late expanding / low fluctuating / decline
- High fluctuating / rapid expansion / low fluctuating / slow expansion / decline