1. What is counter-urbanisation?
- the expansion of large cities outwards
- people leaving a city and moving towards suburbs / rural - urban fringe.
- people leaving a city temporarily.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Viewpoints on population are split into 'Pessimistic' and 'Optimistic'. Which of the following supports the Optimistic approach?
- Julian Simon , Esther Boserup and the development of food supply to keep up with demand eg GM crops
- Paul Ehrlich, Club of Rome and the 'Neo- Malthusians'.
- Charles Wainwright , Julian Simon , Paul Ehrlich and a 'population cap.'
3. What stage of the DTM would China fall into?
- Late expanding
- High fluctuating
- Low fluctuating
4. Thomas Malthus was a pessimist. He argued that ....
- population grew geometrically (1,2,4,8) whilst food increased arithmetically (1,2,3,4)
- population grew arithmetically (1,2,3,4) whilst food increased geometrically (1,2,4,8)
- food supply grew at the same as population to keep up with demand.
5. What is the current replacement level?