1. Name the 5 stages of the DTM.
- High flucutating / Early expanding / late expanding / low fluctuating / decline
- High fluctuating / rapid expansion / low fluctuating / slow expansion / decline
- High expansion / low expansion / low fluctuating / slow fluctuating / decline
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. The UK is gradually getting an 'ageing population'. This can bring advantages as-well as disadvantages such as ....
- Housing occupied, part time jobs , local clubs / societies
- Grey vote , grey pound (£320 million ) , wisdom , childcare
- Pension changes, hip replacements, used hospital beds, treatment for age related illnesses eg Alzheimers
3. What is the current replacement level?
4. Thomas Malthus was a pessimist. He argued that ....
- population grew geometrically (1,2,4,8) whilst food increased arithmetically (1,2,3,4)
- population grew arithmetically (1,2,3,4) whilst food increased geometrically (1,2,4,8)
- food supply grew at the same as population to keep up with demand.
5. Population pyramids show the age - sex structure of a country. Define those who are 'young dependent'.
- Those aged 16 or under who rely on parents / carers with an income.
- Those aged 18 - 25 who are unemployed and can't get a job on medical grounds
- Those who are 16 - 19 and in higher education or training and still need support of parents / carers.