1. What is counter-urbanisation?
- the expansion of large cities outwards
- people leaving a city and moving towards suburbs / rural - urban fringe.
- people leaving a city temporarily.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Viewpoints on population are split into 'Pessimistic' and 'Optimistic'. Which of the following supports the Optimistic approach?
- Julian Simon , Esther Boserup and the development of food supply to keep up with demand eg GM crops
- Paul Ehrlich, Club of Rome and the 'Neo- Malthusians'.
- Charles Wainwright , Julian Simon , Paul Ehrlich and a 'population cap.'
3. The UK is gradually getting an 'ageing population'. This can bring advantages as-well as disadvantages such as ....
- Housing occupied, part time jobs , local clubs / societies
- Grey vote , grey pound (£320 million ) , wisdom , childcare
- Pension changes, hip replacements, used hospital beds, treatment for age related illnesses eg Alzheimers
4. What is Birth rate?
- Number of live births throughout total population per year
- Number of live births per 1000 people per year
- Number of live births per year
5. What stage of the DTM would China fall into?
- Late expanding
- High fluctuating
- Low fluctuating