- Created by: Matt14
- Created on: 19-04-15 09:09
1. The UK is gradually getting an 'ageing population'. This can bring advantages as-well as disadvantages such as ....
- Housing occupied, part time jobs , local clubs / societies
- Grey vote , grey pound (£320 million ) , wisdom , childcare
- Pension changes, hip replacements, used hospital beds, treatment for age related illnesses eg Alzheimers
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is counter-urbanisation?
- people leaving a city and moving towards suburbs / rural - urban fringe.
- people leaving a city temporarily.
- the expansion of large cities outwards
3. Migration can influence population. Name our Case study areas that investigate this issue.
- Isle of Purbeck, Dorset (decline) and Southampton (growth)
- Barra , Scotland (experiencing decline) and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania (experiencing rapid growth)
- Rusholme ,Manchester (decline) and Didsbury, Manchester (growth)
4. Population pyramids show the age - sex structure of a country. Define those who are 'young dependent'.
- Those aged 16 or under who rely on parents / carers with an income.
- Those aged 18 - 25 who are unemployed and can't get a job on medical grounds
- Those who are 16 - 19 and in higher education or training and still need support of parents / carers.
5. What is the current replacement level?