1. Name the 5 stages of the DTM.
- High expansion / low expansion / low fluctuating / slow fluctuating / decline
- High flucutating / Early expanding / late expanding / low fluctuating / decline
- High fluctuating / rapid expansion / low fluctuating / slow expansion / decline
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Viewpoints on population are split into 'Pessimistic' and 'Optimistic'. Which of the following supports the Optimistic approach?
- Charles Wainwright , Julian Simon , Paul Ehrlich and a 'population cap.'
- Julian Simon , Esther Boserup and the development of food supply to keep up with demand eg GM crops
- Paul Ehrlich, Club of Rome and the 'Neo- Malthusians'.
3. One failure of the Chinese 'one child policy' was the 4/2/1 effect. What was this?
- One child had to care for 2 parents and 4 grandparents who would come dependent on him/her.
- One child had to care for 2 grandparents and 4 parents who would come dependent on him/her
4. France experienced declining fertility rates. Which of the following strategies did the French government adopt?
- Travel and shopping discounts for large families.
- Heavier taxation on those with more than four children
- Discounts on higher education / training if a couple had four or more children.
5. What is the current replacement level?