1. What is the current replacement level?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Viewpoints on population are split into 'Pessimistic' and 'Optimistic'. Which of the following supports the Optimistic approach?
- Julian Simon , Esther Boserup and the development of food supply to keep up with demand eg GM crops
- Paul Ehrlich, Club of Rome and the 'Neo- Malthusians'.
- Charles Wainwright , Julian Simon , Paul Ehrlich and a 'population cap.'
3. Name the 5 stages of the DTM.
- High flucutating / Early expanding / late expanding / low fluctuating / decline
- High fluctuating / rapid expansion / low fluctuating / slow expansion / decline
- High expansion / low expansion / low fluctuating / slow fluctuating / decline
4. Migration can influence population. Name our Case study areas that investigate this issue.
- Isle of Purbeck, Dorset (decline) and Southampton (growth)
- Barra , Scotland (experiencing decline) and Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania (experiencing rapid growth)
- Rusholme ,Manchester (decline) and Didsbury, Manchester (growth)
5. What is counter-urbanisation?
- the expansion of large cities outwards
- people leaving a city and moving towards suburbs / rural - urban fringe.
- people leaving a city temporarily.