1. Name the 5 stages of the DTM.
- High expansion / low expansion / low fluctuating / slow fluctuating / decline
- High flucutating / Early expanding / late expanding / low fluctuating / decline
- High fluctuating / rapid expansion / low fluctuating / slow expansion / decline
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. One failure of the Chinese 'one child policy' was the 4/2/1 effect. What was this?
- One child had to care for 2 parents and 4 grandparents who would come dependent on him/her.
- One child had to care for 2 grandparents and 4 parents who would come dependent on him/her
3. What stage of the DTM would China fall into?
- Low fluctuating
- Late expanding
- High fluctuating
4. The UK is gradually getting an 'ageing population'. This can bring advantages as-well as disadvantages such as ....
- Grey vote , grey pound (£320 million ) , wisdom , childcare
- Pension changes, hip replacements, used hospital beds, treatment for age related illnesses eg Alzheimers
- Housing occupied, part time jobs , local clubs / societies
5. Viewpoints on population are split into 'Pessimistic' and 'Optimistic'. Which of the following supports the Optimistic approach?
- Julian Simon , Esther Boserup and the development of food supply to keep up with demand eg GM crops
- Paul Ehrlich, Club of Rome and the 'Neo- Malthusians'.
- Charles Wainwright , Julian Simon , Paul Ehrlich and a 'population cap.'