1. What method is used to investigate insects found in vegetation?
- Pitfall traps
- Beating trays
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are pooters?
- A square frame divided into the grid of smaller squares
- Jars that have rubber bands which seal the top and two tubes stuck through the bung
- Steep-sided containers that are sunk in a hole in the ground
3. What does stage 3 of the demographic transition model show?
- Birth rate and death rate fluctuates at a low level. The population remains stable but high
- Birth rate falls dramatically, death rate falls slowly. The population increases
- Death rate falls but birth rate remains high. The population rapidly increases
4. What graph is used to show birth rate, death rate & total population over time?
- Age-population pyramids
- Demographic transition model
- Survival curves
5. What assumption is made to make mark-release-recapture accurate?
- The marked sample had had time and opportunity to mix with the population
- That there has to be large change in population size
- That the markings cant be easily seen