1. Which Spartan king was described by Herodotus as "not quite right in the head"?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why could Xenophon be considered an unreliable source?
- He only talks about the military and so is limited
- He lived much earlier than the time he is writing about
- He is uncritical of Sparta in most of his work and hero worships Lycurgus
- He lived many years after the fall of Sparta
3. Which of these is NOT a state in the Peloponnese?
4. Which king was found sitting on a sock of money after being bribed?
5. What was the name of the slave class in Sparta?
- The Eirens
- The helots
- The perioikoi
- The hoplites
Similar Classical Civilization resources: