1. Which Spartan king was described by Herodotus as "not quite right in the head"?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which source wrote "Lysistrata"?
3. Why could Xenophon be considered an unreliable source?
- He only talks about the military and so is limited
- He is uncritical of Sparta in most of his work and hero worships Lycurgus
- He lived many years after the fall of Sparta
- He lived much earlier than the time he is writing about
4. Which of these political bodies was NOT put in place during the Lycurgan reforms but came later on?
- The Ephors
- The assembly
- The gerousia
- The dual kingship
5. How many lots of land does Plutarch say Sparta was divided into during the Lycurgan reforms?