1. what was the secret police called under the reign of Alexander the 3rd?
- red police
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. were the people's will populists or nihilists?
3. what year did the state of statute security end?
4. what was the state of statute security?
- a policy that created government controlled courts to try political opponents without need for a jury
- the body guards to the tsar
- the creation of a new secret police by the tsar's ministers
- a ministerial position held by Pobodonostev
5. how did the government prevent freedom of the press?
- banned any reference to the tsar in the newspapers
- killed all key journalists
- censored foreign books and banned certain newspapers
- burnt all foreign books
Similar History resources: