1. what would the liberals do if they were in charge?
- keep the tsar in absolute power
- give freedom of the press and a national parliament elected by the wealthy
- free the people and make them the electorate
- attempt a further revolution
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. how did the government prevent freedom of the press?
- banned any reference to the tsar in the newspapers
- killed all key journalists
- censored foreign books and banned certain newspapers
- burnt all foreign books
3. what did all of these repressive policies cause?
- the opposition to go underground
- the upper classes to be angry at the tsar
- the opposition to increase
- the opposition to deminish
4. what percentage of the population was peasants in 1879?
5. what was the consequence of being found guilty of political opposition?
- execution or exile to siberia
- a warning
- execution or a prison scentence
- persecution of you and your family
Similar History resources: