1. Define consumption cleavages
- Have too much money in your bra
- Having money to spend on necessities
- Socail divisions based on people's ability to purchase desirable goods and services
- Having an obession with shopping
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who researched Class dealignment and what were the findings?
- Rose and Butler- Embourgeoisement
- Ivor Crewe- Decline in traditional working class voters who use to vote labour, due to closure of mines amd factories. Also due to new working class was increase in partisan dealignment
- Karl Marx- Increase in working class being brainwashed so change voting behaviour
- Bilbo Baggins- Going on adventure
3. What side of the political spectrum is Labour Party?
- Far Left
4. 1997, 2001, 2005- social class alignment?
- People don't align with a party- short term factors for influential
- There is a variation in each election- not set in stone any more
- Large section of electorate is still committed to a fairly stable ideological convictions that reflect key differences between working class and middle class voters
- The middle class and working class voters are merging into one group
5. Term for sociological study of voting behaviour
Similar Sociology resources: