1. Term for sociological study of voting behaviour
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What side of the political spectrum is Conservative Party?
- Center Right
- Far Right
3. 1979-1997, What happened to voting behaviour
- Decrease in instrumental voters
- Increase in participation
- Class Dealignment/ Partisan Dealignment
- Partisan Alignment
4. 1997, 2001, 2005- social class alignment?
- Large section of electorate is still committed to a fairly stable ideological convictions that reflect key differences between working class and middle class voters
- The middle class and working class voters are merging into one group
- People don't align with a party- short term factors for influential
- There is a variation in each election- not set in stone any more
5. Who researched Class dealignment and what were the findings?
- Bilbo Baggins- Going on adventure
- Karl Marx- Increase in working class being brainwashed so change voting behaviour
- Ivor Crewe- Decline in traditional working class voters who use to vote labour, due to closure of mines amd factories. Also due to new working class was increase in partisan dealignment
- Rose and Butler- Embourgeoisement
Similar Sociology resources: