1. 1952-1979, What happened in voting behaviour?
- Class Alignment/ Partisan alignment
- 100% turnout
- Class Dealignment
- No one voted
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name 2 criticisms of this research
- Was biased
- Butler & Kavanagh- Underestimated effects of short term influences, e.g sweeps of patriotic fevour. 2- Marshall & Heath- Crewe Exaggerated both class and partisan dealignment
- No evidence to back it up
- It ignores the dealignment of right wing voters
3. What side of the political spectrum is Labour Party?
- Far Left
4. 1997, 2001, 2005- social class alignment?
- Large section of electorate is still committed to a fairly stable ideological convictions that reflect key differences between working class and middle class voters
- The middle class and working class voters are merging into one group
- People don't align with a party- short term factors for influential
- There is a variation in each election- not set in stone any more
5. Term for sociological study of voting behaviour
Similar Sociology resources: