1. Term for sociological study of voting behaviour
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who researched Class dealignment and what were the findings?
- Rose and Butler- Embourgeoisement
- Bilbo Baggins- Going on adventure
- Ivor Crewe- Decline in traditional working class voters who use to vote labour, due to closure of mines amd factories. Also due to new working class was increase in partisan dealignment
- Karl Marx- Increase in working class being brainwashed so change voting behaviour
3. 1997, 2001, 2005- social class alignment?
- There is a variation in each election- not set in stone any more
- Large section of electorate is still committed to a fairly stable ideological convictions that reflect key differences between working class and middle class voters
- People don't align with a party- short term factors for influential
- The middle class and working class voters are merging into one group
4. 1979-1997, What happened to voting behaviour
- Increase in participation
- Partisan Alignment
- Class Dealignment/ Partisan Dealignment
- Decrease in instrumental voters
5. What side of the political spectrum is Labour Party?
- Far Left
Similar Sociology resources: