1. What effect did Nicholas II's Imperial Manifesto have upon Finland?
- He let them break away from the Empire and rule themselves
- He could impose new legilsation, ignore their Diet, conscript Finns, and he imposed a governor general with the power to dismiss Finn judges and police officials
- He gave them more freedoms
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the implications of the Russian language being enforced everywhere?
- In 1907a cholera outbreak in Kiev meant that many Ukrainians died as they couldn't read the Russian signs
- The Russian language helped to increase loyalty
3. Why did the policy of Russification occur?
- Because the Tsars thought that non-russians were less loyal compare to russians
- They made money through Russification
4. Why didn't Turkistan have conscription imposed?
- Turkistan wasn't loyal enough
- Turkistan was conscripted
5. In 1881 what happened that was important in relation to the policy of Russification?
- In 1881 the Russian language was enforced in the government and all other services e.g. judicial system, schools
- The policy of Russification ended
- It was not a significant date