1. Why didn't Turkistan have conscription imposed?
- Turkistan wasn't loyal enough
- Turkistan was conscripted
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How was Russification imposed upon Turkistan?
- Funding for muslim schools ended, Russian language was enforced anda governor general was imposed to supervise the military and civil government
- Russification gave Turkistan more freedom and money to open more muslim schools
- Turkistan's population was made available for conscription
3. Why did the policy of Russification occur?
- Because the Tsars thought that non-russians were less loyal compare to russians
- They made money through Russification
4. In 1881 what happened that was important in relation to the policy of Russification?
- It was not a significant date
- In 1881 the Russian language was enforced in the government and all other services e.g. judicial system, schools
- The policy of Russification ended
5. What were the implications of the Russian language being enforced everywhere?
- In 1907a cholera outbreak in Kiev meant that many Ukrainians died as they couldn't read the Russian signs
- The Russian language helped to increase loyalty