1. What was a key factor Witte identified that was holding Russian industrialisation back?
- Russia lacked a mobile workforce to work in the cities - as it was difficult to get an internal passport from the Mir
- Russia lacked resources to exploit
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Witte prevent the rouble from fluctuating?
- In 1897 he backed the rouble with the gold standard
- He printed more money
- \He reduced the amount of money in circulation
3. Why did Witte encourage state capitalism?
- Russia lacked an entrepreneural class so the state had to encourage industrialisation
- It was more effiecient compared to entrepreneural industrialisation
4. Between 1880-1900 by how much did foreign investment increase by?
- There was an increase of 10,000 roubles
- It increased by 813 million roubles
- It remained stagnant
5. How did the Government encourage private companies to build the railway?
- They offered annual subsidies - ensuring that the companies would be guranteed to make a profit
- They used ex serfs as slave labour
- They gave the railway companies tax exemptions