1. By 1905 how many km of railway had been built?
- 59,000 Km had been built
- 10,000 Km had been built
- 250 Km had been built
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Witte encourage state capitalism?
- Russia lacked an entrepreneural class so the state had to encourage industrialisation
- It was more effiecient compared to entrepreneural industrialisation
3. What was a key factor Witte identified that was holding Russian industrialisation back?
- Russia lacked a mobile workforce to work in the cities - as it was difficult to get an internal passport from the Mir
- Russia lacked resources to exploit
4. Between 1880-1900 by how much did foreign investment increase by?
- It increased by 813 million roubles
- It remained stagnant
- There was an increase of 10,000 roubles
5. How did Witte prevent the rouble from fluctuating?
- \He reduced the amount of money in circulation
- In 1897 he backed the rouble with the gold standard
- He printed more money