1. What does s2 (9)(a) of PACE say?
- Nothing- it doesn't exist.
- An officer must be in uniform or provide evidence of being so before carrying out a stop and search
- Suspect can only be asked to remove outer coat, jacket and gloves.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What information must a police officer give before carrying out a stop and search?
- Their name and favourite colour
- Their name, station and reason for search
- Their name and rank
- Their name and reason for search
3. Which act added criminal damage to the list of offences prohibited articles are adapted for?
- S1 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 and it added spray paints and graffiti tools.
- Criminal Damage Act 2003
4. Which common law case shows the importance of giving all the necessary information before carrying out a search?
- Osman v DPP (1999).
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
5. What was the result of the case?
- Officer did not give all the information before the search so Mr Osman could not be found guilty of assaulting a police officer.
- Police officer was disciplined by Osman still punished