1. What information must a police officer provide before carrying out a stop and search?
- Just the reason for the search
- Their name, station and reason for search.
- Their name and station
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which common law case shows the importance of giving all the necessary information before carrying out a search?
- Osman v DPP (1999). Officer did not give all the information before the search so Mr Osman could not be found guilty of assaulting a police officer.
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v Chief
3. What is a prohibited article?
- An offence weapon or sharp objects or articles made/adapted for use with burglary, theft or taking a motor vehicle without consent.
- Something that doesn't go with the person's outfit
4. What is contained in s66 of PACE?
- The Codes of Practice that don't form part of the law but can lead to disciplinary measures if breached by the police
- Codes of Practice that are part of the law
5. What does paragraph 2.2 say?(PACE)
- Personal characteristics cannot be used as reasonable suspicion for stop and search.
- Personal characteristics such as manner of dress can be used as reasonable suspicion for search