1. What does s 2(9)(a) PACE specify?
- No clothing can be removed
- A person can only be asked to remove outer coat, jacket and gloves during stop and search in public place.
- A police officer can ask a person to remove any reasonable item of clothing during a stop and search
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which common law case shows the importance of giving all the necessary information before carrying out a search?
- Osman v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v DPP (1999).
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
3. What is a prohibited article?
- An offence weapon or sharp objects or articles made/adapted for use with burglary, theft or taking a motor vehicle without consent.
- Something that doesn't go with the person's outfit
4. What did S115 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 add to the list of prohibited articles?
- Fireworks in a child's possession and anyone other than a professional in the possession of a category 4 firework
5. What information must a police officer provide before carrying out a stop and search?
- Their name, station and reason for search.
- Their name and station
- Just the reason for the search