1. What does s 2(9)(a) PACE specify?
- No clothing can be removed
- A person can only be asked to remove outer coat, jacket and gloves during stop and search in public place.
- A police officer can ask a person to remove any reasonable item of clothing during a stop and search
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which act added criminal damage to the list of offences prohibited articles are adapted for?
- S1 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 and it added spray paints and graffiti tools.
- Criminal Damage Act 2003
3. What is meant by 'prohibited articles'?
- Something the officer PERSONALLY believes they should not be carrying
- Offensive weapons or articles made or adapted for burglary, theft, taking a motor vehicle without consent
- Anything that doesn't go with their outfit
4. Which section of which act said that masks can also be removed?
- s1 Criminal Justice Act 2003
- s60 AA of Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
- s60 PACE 1984
5. What information must a police officer provide before carrying out a stop and search?
- Their name, station and reason for search.
- Their name and station
- Just the reason for the search