1. What is a prohibited article?
- An offence weapon or sharp objects or articles made/adapted for use with burglary, theft or taking a motor vehicle without consent.
- Something that doesn't go with the person's outfit
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What information must a police officer give before carrying out a stop and search?
- Their name and reason for search
- Their name and rank
- Their name, station and reason for search
- Their name and favourite colour
3. Which common law case shows the importance of giving all the necessary information before carrying out a search?
- Osman v DPP (1999).
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
4. What was the result of the case?
- Officer did not give all the information before the search so Mr Osman could not be found guilty of assaulting a police officer.
- Police officer was disciplined by Osman still punished
5. What is meant by 'prohibited articles'?
- Offensive weapons or articles made or adapted for burglary, theft, taking a motor vehicle without consent
- Anything that doesn't go with their outfit
- Something the officer PERSONALLY believes they should not be carrying