1. What does s2 (9)(a) of PACE say?
- An officer must be in uniform or provide evidence of being so before carrying out a stop and search
- Suspect can only be asked to remove outer coat, jacket and gloves.
- Nothing- it doesn't exist.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which common law case shows the importance of giving all the necessary information before carrying out a search?
- Osman v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v DPP (1999).
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
3. What information must a police officer provide before carrying out a stop and search?
- Their name, station and reason for search.
- Their name and station
- Just the reason for the search
4. What is meant by 'prohibited articles'?
- Something the officer PERSONALLY believes they should not be carrying
- Offensive weapons or articles made or adapted for burglary, theft, taking a motor vehicle without consent
- Anything that doesn't go with their outfit
5. Which act added criminal damage to the list of offences prohibited articles are adapted for?
- S1 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 and it added spray paints and graffiti tools.
- Criminal Damage Act 2003