1. What does section 46A say?
- Person can be arrested on the grounds of breach of bail ie not reporting to Police Station at set time.
- Can be arrested for breach of the peace
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was PACE created?
3. Which section of which act amended s24 of PACE
- s115 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
- s110 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
- s11 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
4. What does section 24 of PACE require?
- Necessity test
- Reasonable belief suspect committed, is committing or will commit an offence. Must also be necessary
- Reasonable belief only
- Just a guess
5. What does the common law case for Breach of the Peace say?
- 4 conditions i) there is a real and present threat that justifies the loss of a person's civil liberties ii) the threat is coming from the person being arrested iii)their conduct interferes with the rights of others and iv conduct is unreasonable
- i) there is a real threat ii) anyone can be arrested
Similar Law resources: