1. What does the common law case for Breach of the Peace say?
- 4 conditions i) there is a real and present threat that justifies the loss of a person's civil liberties ii) the threat is coming from the person being arrested iii)their conduct interferes with the rights of others and iv conduct is unreasonable
- i) there is a real threat ii) anyone can be arrested
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which common law case outlines the rules for arrests under the Breach of the Peace?
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v DPP
3. Which act amended section 46A?
- Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
- Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
4. What does s28 of PACE say?
- Suspect must be told grounds for arrest and that they are being arrested in non-technical terms
- There must be 28 officers present
- Must be taken to the police station ASAP
5. What does PACE mean?
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act
- Police and Compromised Evidence Act
- Police and Collected Evidence Act
Similar Law resources: