1. What does the common law case for Breach of the Peace say?
- 4 conditions i) there is a real and present threat that justifies the loss of a person's civil liberties ii) the threat is coming from the person being arrested iii)their conduct interferes with the rights of others and iv conduct is unreasonable
- i) there is a real threat ii) anyone can be arrested
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which common law case outlines the rules for arrests under the Breach of the Peace?
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v DPP
3. What does section 24 of PACE require?
- Just a guess
- Reasonable belief only
- Reasonable belief suspect committed, is committing or will commit an offence. Must also be necessary
- Necessity test
4. Which section of which act amended s24 of PACE
- s115 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
- s110 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
- s11 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
5. When was PACE created?
Similar Law resources: