1. Which section of PACE says " the suspect must be taken to the Police Station as soon as possible"?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which act amended section 46A?
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994
- Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
3. What does section 24 of PACE require?
- Just a guess
- Reasonable belief suspect committed, is committing or will commit an offence. Must also be necessary
- Necessity test
- Reasonable belief only
4. What is the necessity test?
- 1) To:ascertain name and address; prevent person causing injury to self/others; prevent offence against public decency; protect vulnerable person/child and allow prompt investigation
- Just easier to arrest them.
5. Which law allows for arrest with a warrant?
- s1 of the Magistrates Court Act 1980
- s5 of the Magistrates Court Act 1980
- s1 of the Arrest with a warrant Act
Similar Law resources: