1. What is the necessity test?
- 1) To:ascertain name and address; prevent person causing injury to self/others; prevent offence against public decency; protect vulnerable person/child and allow prompt investigation
- Just easier to arrest them.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was PACE created?
3. What does the code for arrest say?
- Must have reasonable grounds for suspecting persons involvement or attempted involvement; reasonable grounds for believing arrest to be necessary; may use reasonable force etc.
- Can arrest whoever they like
4. What does PACE mean?
- Police and Collected Evidence Act
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act
- Police and Compromised Evidence Act
5. Which common law case outlines the rules for arrests under the Breach of the Peace?
- Bibby v Chief Constable Essex Police 2000
- Osman v DPP
Similar Law resources: