1. Which one of these is a property of a form?
- Eternal, unchanging, an architype
- Contingent and changing
- A shadow, a lower thing
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where do we live now?
- the realm of appearances
- The realm of forms
3. Who created the third man argument?
- Richard Dawkins
4. What are the four main forms?
- physical objects, truth, light, good
- good, justice, beauty, truth
- love, respect, good, knowledge
5. What is the third man argument?
- DNA passes down ideas, from one man to another to a third generation and so on. This shows forms aren't real but only learned.
- If man is a copy of a form, where did that come from? there must be a copy before that causes infinite regress, not possible.
- If you pass on an idea from one man to another eventually it will get to a third and the message of philosphers will be known to all