1. What does the analogy of the cave teach us?
- The world we live is only a shadow of the forms and we must become philosophers to see the truth
- Both the outside world and the cave are true
- it's best to stay in comfort
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who created the third man argument?
- Richard Dawkins
3. What does the cave in the analogy of the cave represent
- The illusions
- The realm of forms
- The Empirical world
4. What are the four main forms?
- good, justice, beauty, truth
- love, respect, good, knowledge
- physical objects, truth, light, good
5. What is the third man argument?
- If man is a copy of a form, where did that come from? there must be a copy before that causes infinite regress, not possible.
- If you pass on an idea from one man to another eventually it will get to a third and the message of philosphers will be known to all
- DNA passes down ideas, from one man to another to a third generation and so on. This shows forms aren't real but only learned.