1. Which one of these is a property of a form?
- A shadow, a lower thing
- Eternal, unchanging, an architype
- Contingent and changing
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Plato feel about our soul?
- Like a horseman being pulled in 2 directions, always choose logic
- our souls know what's best
- You should go off what you feel in your soul
3. What is the third man argument?
- DNA passes down ideas, from one man to another to a third generation and so on. This shows forms aren't real but only learned.
- If man is a copy of a form, where did that come from? there must be a copy before that causes infinite regress, not possible.
- If you pass on an idea from one man to another eventually it will get to a third and the message of philosphers will be known to all
4. What does the analogy of the cave teach us?
- it's best to stay in comfort
- The world we live is only a shadow of the forms and we must become philosophers to see the truth
- Both the outside world and the cave are true
5. What does the cave in the analogy of the cave represent
- The illusions
- The realm of forms
- The Empirical world