1. What chemical is released in response to an increase of food in the gut after eating?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following statements about neutrophils is false?
- Circulate in the blood for 6-10 hours then enter the tissues
- Self destruct
- Type of monocyte
- Phagocytic (destroy damaged tissue)
- Type of granulocyte
3. Which blood vessel carries oxygenated blood away from the lungs?
- Vena Cava
- Pulmonary vein
- Pulmonary artery
4. In which of the following is the percentage of total energy expenditure used for breathing not increased?
- When elastic recoil is decreased
- When pulmonary compliance is increased
- When there is a need for increased ventilation
- When airway resistance is increased
- When pulmonary compliance is decreased
5. Approximately what percentage of total energy expenditure is used for breathing?