1. Which of the following is untrue about images formed by plane mirrors?
- The image is laterally inverted.
- The image is behind the mirror.
- The image is in front of the mirror.
- The image is virtual.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is conduction?
- The transfer of thermal energy through particles coming into contact with one another.
- When metals are used in a circuit.
- The transfer of energy through cool particles being replaced by hot particles.
- Particles changing from one state to another.
3. When a vehicle travels towards you, what is happening?
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength decreases, the frequency increases.
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength increases, the frequency decreases.
- The pitch is increasing: the wavelength decreases, frequency increases.
- The pitch is increasing: the frequency decreases, the wavelength increases.
4. How are nuclear power stations powered?
- Uranium is reacted with aluminium to produce steam which turns the turbine.
- Uranium rods are kept in water, when removed from the water they produce steam which turns a turbine.
- Uranium rods are dipped into water which creates steam to turn the turbine.
- Uranium is burnt to produce steam which turns a turbine.
5. Which electromagnetic wave has the smallest wavelength?
- Gamma rays.
- Radio waves.
- Infra-red waves.
- Visible light.
Similar Physics resources: