1. What medium does convection happen in?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does evaporation cause cooling?
- The excess liquid particles take up more space, leaving no room for hotter particles.
- The liquid particles take heat energy from the surface, giving them energy to evaporate, leaving only cool particles behind.
- The water molecules cool down the surface.
- It removes the cool liquid particles from the surface.
3. How are nuclear power stations powered?
- Uranium rods are dipped into water which creates steam to turn the turbine.
- Uranium is reacted with aluminium to produce steam which turns the turbine.
- Uranium rods are kept in water, when removed from the water they produce steam which turns a turbine.
- Uranium is burnt to produce steam which turns a turbine.
4. What are light, shiny surfaces good at?
- Reflecting radiation.
- Letting radiation pass through.
- Absorbing radiation.
- Emitting radiation.
5. When a vehicle travels towards you, what is happening?
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength increases, the frequency decreases.
- The pitch is increasing: the wavelength decreases, frequency increases.
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength decreases, the frequency increases.
- The pitch is increasing: the frequency decreases, the wavelength increases.
Similar Physics resources: