1. Which electromagnetic wave has the smallest wavelength?
- Infra-red waves.
- Visible light.
- Gamma rays.
- Radio waves.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does evaporation cause cooling?
- The liquid particles take heat energy from the surface, giving them energy to evaporate, leaving only cool particles behind.
- It removes the cool liquid particles from the surface.
- The water molecules cool down the surface.
- The excess liquid particles take up more space, leaving no room for hotter particles.
3. When a vehicle travels towards you, what is happening?
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength decreases, the frequency increases.
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength increases, the frequency decreases.
- The pitch is increasing: the wavelength decreases, frequency increases.
- The pitch is increasing: the frequency decreases, the wavelength increases.
4. What are light, shiny surfaces good at?
- Letting radiation pass through.
- Reflecting radiation.
- Emitting radiation.
- Absorbing radiation.
5. Name the main advantage of nuclear power.
- It is a very safe process to produce electricity this way.
- It does not produce greenhouse gases.
- It is the biggest supplier of electricity in the UK.
- It is a renewable energy resource.
Similar Physics resources: