1. What are light, shiny surfaces good at?
- Reflecting radiation.
- Letting radiation pass through.
- Absorbing radiation.
- Emitting radiation.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. How are nuclear power stations powered?
- Uranium is reacted with aluminium to produce steam which turns the turbine.
- Uranium is burnt to produce steam which turns a turbine.
- Uranium rods are kept in water, when removed from the water they produce steam which turns a turbine.
- Uranium rods are dipped into water which creates steam to turn the turbine.
3. Which of the following is incorrect about sound waves?
- They're made of compressions and rarefactions.
- They're perpendicular to the direction of travel and energy transfer.
- They're longitudinal.
- They're parallel to the direction of travel and energy transfer.
4. Which of the following does not describe a loud, high pitched noise?
- High frequency.
- Small wavelength.
- Low frequency.
- Big amplitude.
5. When a vehicle travels towards you, what is happening?
- The pitch is increasing: the wavelength decreases, frequency increases.
- The pitch is increasing: the frequency decreases, the wavelength increases.
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength decreases, the frequency increases.
- The pitch is decreasing: the wavelength increases, the frequency decreases.
Similar Physics resources: